Player
    Character
    Astrea Blackthorne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70

MNK 4.0 Changes . . . I'm not a fan tbh

So pretty much at day been fuming and stewing over the monk changes trying to wrap my head around it and I still don't see the advantages others tell me exist. The sheer amount of damage loss isn't even remotely mitigated by this overdependence on Forbidden Chakra, that's also been heavily nerfed, and a damage buff that has just as much of a damage dropoff as an increase. I just don't see a positive other than "raid utility" that was given just to make the class significantly weaker.
    (41)

Player
    Character
    Astrea Blackthorne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Riddle of Fire puts damage at a 20% increase but a 30% increase to GCDs. Mind you, I was pissed when I heard it was a 30% +damage/15%+ GCD cooldown. Now, that is insane. You hit as hard as a DRG with B4B with slower speed and this has to be matched with either of the chakra build moves because unless Mediation is taken off GCD that's somewhere around a 2.6 sec dps loss. Essentially you have to move through the stance combo and hope FB does come back or sit there waiting for the next move with the increased GCD. Which isn't a given since all of the chakra built outside of meditation is completely RNG based. Am I missing something, how tf is this a positive. Riddle of Earth is just as bad, if not worse, as it requires you to get hit for the GL timer refresh so you have to time that right to get hit to even get that ability to work. That makes no sense but then again none of this other stuff does as well.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astrea Blackthorne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    All this is exaserbated by the potency losses on most of the moves the monk has. A 10 base potency is what, 30-50 overall loss depending on the move in GL3? And Forbidden Chakra goes from 320 to 250. What is that for? So now all that damage I'm supposed to get from that just got cut by what 120 or more pot. I've never even done the math on how much GL3 jumps FB up but I know it's alot. It's not like Tornado Kick is viable. Somehow this is something to be happy about and I just don't see it. Fist changing for no reason other than to overcomplicate the class when it pretty much is already the most complicated mdps.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astrea Blackthorne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    DRG gets a B4B nerf but damn near every ability the class has got a potency buff. Same with NIN. And SAM is the new MNK, Self-contained DPS with no need for outside help. Where as the MNK has just took base potency nerfs, half of it's new abilities come with downsides to make them asinine, the other half of the abilities are a RNG based mess that make the MNK completely dependent on others to have it's damage match a DRG with the hope of going over. This isn't balance, this is an absurd nerf. The Monk is a party dependent dps now and it's just sad to see.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astrea Blackthorne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Hey, maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am. I'd much rather stay a MNK main but I doubt it if this is the answer to balance SE thought up. Just had to let that off, ignore it if you want.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vex Sunkiller
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    To be Honest i think we stilll need to wait to see what changes to all of the Battle Systems, I.e Dungeons and Raids before Freaking out. its totally not unjust but its too early.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Renault Cathetel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Ridde of Fire's tooltip is mistranslated. The Japanese one says 30% power buff for a 15% loss in speed.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Powercow Cowcow
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
    Ridde of Fire's tooltip is mistranslated. The Japanese one says 30% power buff for a 15% loss in speed.
    Not mistranslated, an older build. The Famitsu article (and live letter) used a more recent build than the media tour did.
    (3)
    If someone wins an argument, they have learned nothing.

FOR DOCKHAND!

Player
    Character
    E'galyne Ulbik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I\\'m a main MNK since day one and after maxi all the job, I still can say it\\'s my favorite job but, when I saw the live letter, I was disapointed by the MNK add and change.

After some time I think about it and told to myself that this isn\\'t that bad we didn\\'t see all and then I saw the last news and I\\' disapointed again.

The cross role isn\\'t that good for MNK !
    We lost touch of death but keep some useless skill !
    We got nerf !
    Riddle of earth is ridicule and kill tornado kick utility ! (Keep your stack or don\\'t and use tornado)
    Riddle of fire isn\\'t as good as BFB !
    The earth takles is useless !
    Not sure about riddle of wind utility !
    Our raid utility is very questionable !
    SAM take our place of pure striker !
    RNG on chakra build !
    Too much group dependent !
    No new offensive skill
    (8)

Player
    Character
    E'galyne Ulbik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Actually I don\\'t think I will change my main Job, because I reaĺly love that gameplay, the lore, the style of the job, the skill ... and I also want to test that change but on the paper, that sound very very poor and not well balance with some of the other job.
    You can feel that some job have more love (BLM, WAR, AST ...) and some less (WHM ...) and MNK is one of these.

Very disapointed and worry about the future. I hope the balance will be done and in the future like 5.0 we will have some cool stuff !

We gona play this job the same way we actualy did for an other two years !
    (2)

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast