Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

[patch1.20] NO GC Seals to rank up!!!

This is simply the wrong way to go about ranking up in the Grand Companies.

Exchanging GC seals should be reserved for the gear or rewards that the player receives from the Grand Company and not used for ranking up.

There should be "Rank Up" points which are accumulated separately from GC Seals.

I would like to call your attention to the Mercenary Rank system in FFXI:

"The Mercenary Rank system works similarly to the Rank system. With a higher Rank, you are able to buy more items with Imperial Standing Points at an Imperial Gate Guard and the Sanction status will last longer. However, rather than donating crystals to Conquest Overseers and doing nation missions, you must successfully complete Assaults for your promotions.

To earn the next Mercenary Rank you have to accumulate 25 "Rank-Up Points" in Assault Missions"

It is not a good practice to reward players with one currency and then penalize them by taking away that currency. If it is a rank system then there should be a separate method of determining the experience or work completed towards gaining rank rather than taking the seals from the player.

I strongly urge Square Enix to rethink this change.

Thank you!
    (12)

Player
    I dont see a problem. GC seals are going to be much easier to get next patch anyways.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Hikai Tadacho
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Meh. What's the point is just having 2 forms of points to accumulate when you can just have 1? I think this is a good call, as it will encourage players to try out the rest of the associated Grand Company content for the seals (provisioning, caravans, leves and even redoing the dungeons). This is a good thing because it means all those players that complain about having nothing to do, when there actually is stuff to do, will be forced to try out the other content if they want to efficiently go up the ranks...

Plus if they added a new point system, they'd need to add new content and new ways of obtaining those points. I'm not saying new content is a bad thing, but think how much longer we'd have to wait! =O
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I do like the XI system better for ranking up, it's no more extra work and it's awarded for doing the actual content separately from your spendable points.
    (3)

Player
    Let's complain about everything in the patch notes, we are off to a pretty good start forum goers.
    (13)

Player

I can say with 100% certaintly right now the only reason the OP is complaining is because he spent all his marks already.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Hikai Tadacho
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    It's kind of like saying, "Oh there should be Weapon Gil for buying weapons and Armour Gil for buying armour because now I'm having to use twice as much Gil on getting both!"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ashley Zeibel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RemVye View Post
    Let's complain about everything in the patch notes, we are off to a pretty good start forum goers.
    Isn't that how it works on every patch?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadacho View Post
    It's kind of like saying, "Oh there should be Weapon Gil for buying weapons and Armour Gil for buying armour because now I'm having to use twice as much Gil on getting both!"
    He has lots of Complaining Gil for making complaints
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    It's a way to encourage participation inside your GC. Don't see what's the big deal. And as others have said, seals will be easier to get in the next patch.

I'm ok with the direction they took. Given said that, I'm a little bit surprised about the amount - for some reason I wasn't expecting to see 1k or 1.5k seals needed to rank up; I was thinking an amount near 500 or so.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast