Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I think it should be a setting under character configuration. What difference does it make if I press circle three time or press circle, x, square? If you want to reduce button press then cool, if you want to mash buttons like your at a Starcraft tourney then go nuts.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Priya Eridian
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    If a skill is only active under certain conditions, such as being a proc, the button should change as it does in pvp. For example, Jolt 2 procs Impact, and you will always use Impact over Jolt; the Jolt button should change to impact in PvE just like it does in PvP. You literally cannot use impact otherwise, so it doesn't need its own button.

Similarly Ver Holy/Flare are only available once certain conditions are met and they should replace Ver Stone/Fire respectively. Especially since the former will proc the latter after use. You need 4 key binds for these spells when you should really only need 2.

Another example is when Bahamut is out, Ahk Morn should replace the Deathflare key. Also, Ruin should have been upgraded to Ruin 3 like other numbered spells.

I don't mind keeping non conditional skills separated for PvE as that keeps a little bit of risk involved ("oops, I fat-fingered that"), but if a skill literally cannot be used except under certain conditions, the key should change accordingly, even in PvE.

Combat in the current form feels almost as bloated as it did in Heavensward. I'm not seeing the pruning I was promised aside from tiered spells. It's still necessary to bind abilities to awkward keys.
    (0)
    Last edited by Priya; 06-26-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nova Sterling
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravton View Post
    I think it should be a setting under character configuration. What difference does it make if I press circle three time or press circle, x, square? If you want to reduce button press then cool, if you want to mash buttons like your at a Starcraft tourney then go nuts.
    I agree, I'm for the combo. I can't see how it would be harmful an if other people for any reason doesn't like the change there could be an option to enable or disable it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Grelvin Gilios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 34
    Personally anything that says Combo: Skill2342 - is fine with me. Let the previous button turn into the next part of the combo. Where there are choices in combo, let it end at the 2nd stage. For example. Instead of 123, 124, 125 - The 1 should turn into 2, then I have 3,4,5 as separate skills.

Or just put it an option in config - Personally in PVP I think this was handled well. The 'I'm so leet' people can say it makes the game too easy, but it was never hard to press the same monotonous combination to begin with.

That way the difficulty can lie in extra skills and not gauge generators. (And the precious 15oGCD's that people appearntly miss weaving)
    (0)
    WTB Support class. I miss you FF11 Bard. Come back to me.

Player
    Character
    Gunjin Smith
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 32
    This will be the only post on the subject but I must say just on the off chance that the developers do take suggestions from the forums. I would hate this as a controller user. I already have issues that this is done in pvp as it's already messing with my muscle memory with RDM and SAM. This isn't me wanting to be better then anyone or anything like that. This is a matter of I enjoy weaving in combos. I have tried doing the one button combo act with monk via the use of macros back in 2.0 and I have to say it nearly killed the class for me cause I found it so monstrously boring. Maybe it's cause I also play fighting games, I don't know but it feels right. There's many of us who use a controller and have no problem with "Button Bloat". Those who enjoy pushing combo buttons instead of a have one do everything button. So please, if you must consolidate then make it a option. That way you can make two groups happy instead of alienating one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nella Jeanne
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyZiiX View Post
    I already have issues that this is done in pvp as it\\'s already messing with my muscle memory with RDM and SAM.
    You can always set the pvp combo to several keys so it doenst mess with muscle memory. Just has several icons the same on your hotbar.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2