Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Same thing everyone's said. When I see a healer not DPSing (in levelling dungeons) I'll kindly ask if they're aware of what Cleric Stance does. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Most of the times they don't answer, though. At that point I just let them be mediocre and go my way silently. As others have said, no point in engaging in an argument with someone who will likely not bulge. That said, my approach also touches on the possibility that they may be true newbies and they'll be open to advice, which is the best case scenario.

I don't really bother in lvl 60 roulettes, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayuki Kasumi
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Right, so you feel like you do your job as a healer when you only heal, AFKing about half the fights or more. So why as a DPS could I not just AFK half the fight and deal dmg the rest of the time? The mobs die anyway, and we'd probably clear the dungeon anyway. But don't you see the problem with this attitude? You're playing with a group of other people and it really would only be polite for you to try your best to not hold them back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvana Tenebri
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 79
    I too like it when healers dps. There's quite a few things I need to write and I appreciate them being so helpful! That being said if I see them not dpsing I'll sigh and play properly instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post
    To be honest, I suspect that a great deal of any griping precipitated by poor gameplay experience skips the in-game chat and comes straight to the forums.
    That and also to FC / LS chats. :P
    (1)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Ashua Rajin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Right, so you feel like you do your job as a healer when you only heal, AFKing about half the fights or more. So why as a DPS could I not just AFK half the fight and deal dmg the rest of the time? The mobs die anyway, and we'd probably clear the dungeon anyway. But don't you see the problem with this attitude? You're playing with a group of other people and it really would only be polite for you to try your best to not hold them back.
    I guess it's the same as when you see a damage dealer never play the job to its fullest. I see bards all the time never use songs or people save cooldowns for bosses only.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashua View Post
    I guess it's the same as when you see a damage dealer never play the job to its fullest. I see bards all the time never use songs or people save cooldowns for bosses only.
    That's the level of healers that already do DPS, though.

For healers, you'll only heal for around 20-30% of a dungeon, the rest is downtime. So as long as a DPS is pulling 20-30% of what they could be doing, they'd be on equal grounds. To speak numbers, if you can pull 3000 DPS in a dungeon, a DPS that stoops to the level of a heal only player would only have to pull around 600-900 DPS. I think putting Garuda on Sic would suffice for that, but that's in line with scholars letting the fairy heal.

Playing one's job to the fullest isn't even what people ask for.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Javid Conlak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The thread should read healer dps is not pertinent for completing any current content pre echo. It should not read that's it's not an issue, since that presumes that nobody can take issue with non dpsing healers. Current content dps check can all be completed smoothly before echo with zero healer dps (which I find sad...but it's a fact). Now if they return to gordias dps check ....threads like these will only exist for causal content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashua Rajin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by javid View Post
    The thread should read healer dps is not pertinent for completing any current content pre echo. It should not read that's it's not an issue, since that presumes that nobody can take issue with non dpsing healers. Current content dps check can all be completed smoothly before echo with zero healer dps (which I find sad...but it's a fact). Now if they return to gordias dps check ....threads like these will only exist for causal content.
    Touch good suir. I think these last few posts sum it better then I could.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I simply don't have the energy to raise it in-game anymore. 2/3 DF runs involve AFK Healers or panic full-HP overhealers who don't know DPS spells unless a boss is hitting them in the face with them. Been levelling my Warrior to pass the time leading to Stormblood and, as an aggressive WHM main, nothing grinds my gears more than seeing someone taking the lazy approach when I know exactly what people could be doing during the countless downtime. However, raising that in-chat, politely or not, more often than not results in either a) no change or b) a snark-fest. Very rarely do people take notice, especially the higher up you go. I'm just out of the longest dungeon I've had in three weeks thanks to someone with mostly 40-60's overhealing non-stop and only using DPS spells for a DPS check on last boss. I fail to see what expressing my opinion would have done (positively) for someone like that who, in my mind, should have known better 1-3 level 60 classes ago.
    (0)
    "And all the Hyur's say I'm pretty sage – for a White Mage!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4