Player
    Character
    Minnie Shin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Noob questions about cross class skill for Stormblood

Starting FFIX again, and noticed the cross class skills are changing. I am a 36 WHM atm, and am wondering if we won't need to lvl THM to get swiftcast at 26.

Also, I was curious if it was better to lvl a new char to play a red mage or a dps class since attribute stats are different. or are they not? I was not too sure. sorry, noob here XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Every time you change a class or jobs, your base attributes change to be in line with that class or job, so don't worry about that. You can literally level up every class and job in the game and you'll be fine. The only ones that have a slight hindrance are Summoner and Scholar, which share the Arcanist class. There's ways around that, however, but I'll leave those out for now as to not confuse you unnecessarily.

About THM+Swiftcast...

You are correct, Stormblood is going to make cross-class skills pointless as they are right now, and healers will gain the use of Swiftcast by themselves. I will say that it's entirely up to you whether you get Swiftcast or not before Stormblood drops. If you have the time, go for it, as it is quite essential in case someone messes up and dies. It won't be the end of the world if you don't have it, however, and there probably won't be enough situations in levelling dungeons that make the use of Swiftcast 100% mandatory: you'll just have to hardcast Raise to bring a fallen ally back to life.

Up to you to decide, in the end!

However... your profile says you have THM at lvl 50? If so, you don't have to worry about levelling THM anymore :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minnie Shin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    thanks for the heads up!

regarding my sig, I am retarded and also leveled a second char for WHM with the gf. I feel maybe i should just lvl the BLM and go straight into AST since i want to play AST anyway.

/facepalm lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roxas Andrade
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Since we're asking noob questions, does anyone know if the dev team confirmed if we'll keep 5 cross class skills in 4.0?

Maybe we'll be able to pick more or maybe all cross class skills will be available to all jobs of that role?
    (0)
    Want a heal? How much money you got?

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas_Andrade View Post
    Since we're asking noob questions, does anyone know if the dev team confirmed if we'll keep 5 cross class skills in 4.0?

Maybe we'll be able to pick more or maybe all cross class skills will be available to all jobs of that role?
    Going by the live letter's visuals, the limitation of 5 shared role actions is still in place. 10 skills to choose from with only 5 available slots.
    (0)
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by iqz3ro View Post
    thanks for the heads up!

regarding my sig, I am retarded and also leveled a second char for WHM with the gf. I feel maybe i should just lvl the BLM and go straight into AST since i want to play AST anyway.

/facepalm lol
    You needn't make another character to level up a different job! You can level everything up with the same character .

Good luck in your adventures!
    (0)