Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    If I see those healers who outright refuse to dps at all because "healers shouldn't dps" when I play as pld I'd try spamming flash and using riot blade (without goring blade) to refresh mp and see how they react. Or maybe they wouldn't even notice at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psycho Bunny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I just don't get why anyone wouldn't though. Like if you're really new or inexperienced then sure makes sense, but if you know how to actually play the game then you'd literally be standing around half the time with absolutely nothing to do. Love when you do Palace of the Dead even and the healer just STANDS there watching everyone fight, when hardly anyone needs healing in there at lower levels.

Yes there are times where shit hits the fan and you might go a good while healing only just keeping people alive, but there's always time to get a few DOTs out, and even more so now that Cleric will be removed. My biggest thing is if you DPS as a healer, you can physically see the instance end faster. So I don't get why people wouldn't want to DPS, as you're just making the dungeon or raid take that much longer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rin Tin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    For any healer who thinks they shouldn't DPS, my question is, how did you manage to do your class quests ??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by 416to305 View Post
    I just don't get why anyone wouldn't though. Like if you're really new or inexperienced then sure makes sense, but if you know how to actually play the game then you'd literally be standing around half the time with absolutely nothing to do. Love when you do Palace of the Dead even and the healer just STANDS there watching everyone fight, when hardly anyone needs healing in there at lower levels.
    Sometimes I can't tell if people like them are trolling or serious.

Quote Originally Posted by AsahinaMyLove View Post
    I dont care about that changes. lol

I still WONT dps when I play as HEALER in dungeons groups!

Why people think healer classes have to do 2 jobs and tank and dps classes only do 1 job..?

Once DPS's or Tanks has the same healspells healer has, only then I will DPS as healer in groups too! o_o
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xNewbx View Post
    For any healer who thinks they shouldn't DPS, my question is, how did you manage to do your class quests ??
    Wasn't the last one you had to like heal the thing to death several times over (for WHM at least)? lol Maybe that's the problem! o.o;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Suzuko Seki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Sayyida Al'hura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'm not the healer, the fairy is the healer. I'm the 4th dps you didn't know you could queue with.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Marek Kail
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 47
    I think that will somewhat depend on job at the moment. Obviously I'm still new to ffxiv, but my only two jobs are WHM and SCH. At this point I would be concerned about doing more than throwing some Aero out with my WHM, that may change in later levels, but at 31 mana is a huge issue and my primary job take priority. Now my SCH is another story altogether, I am learning that job as well, but mana is not a concern basically I save 1 stack of aetherflow for energy drain the other for bane, and I spread dot's. if my aetherflow is ready to refresh and I still somehow have a stack I use it on whatever fits, then reapply as needed.

Honestly I cannot understand why you wouldn't do DPS as a Scholat
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvana Tenebri
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 79
    Yup! <3 I'm pruning my hotbar of everything that isn't a dps spell and waiting in anticipation for my chance to go meta sanctioned battle mercy~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Capriana Waterfall
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by xNewbx View Post
    Actually in all honesty, with SCH. You pretty much just heal and keep everyone alive. The tanks and the DPS take care of everything else.
    Also in the lv 60 quest, you learn to use Leech or whatever it is that removes debuffs. I don't remember ever having the time to actually DPS (time to change stance and then DPS). If you even took your eye of the tank for a few seconds, he pretty much ended up dead and 'Duty Failed' ...
    (3)
    PLEASE USE MY RECRUITMENT CODE: EMS22V2M

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast