Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I like the idea of having a regular summon that you swap out for an 'ultimate summon' once you're powered up enough. It's similar to ideas I've posted myself and seen posted by others quite a few times tbh, so I'm very pleased with this direction.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lennard Cruce
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mature View Post
    I just hope like many other fellow summoners that all Egis will become like bahamut eventually.
    A trance glamour would be nice to replace the Bahamut trance with a different primal while keeping the system intact. Still, I'm very happy with what we are about to get.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Versatile Bottom
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think one of the issues Summoners have is, yes we keep getting these shiny new Bahamut things(which is amazing regardless) but thats all we seem to be getting. We want variation with what we can summon. Hopefully this is the starting point for future trances similar to dreadwyrm.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Crucius Lapin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bass9020 View Post
    I think one of the issues Summoners have is, yes we keep getting these shiny new Bahamut things(which is amazing regardless) but thats all we seem to be getting. We want variation with what we can summon. Hopefully this is the starting point for future trances similar to dreadwyrm.
    Personally, I think this would be a good idea. Give us new trances if we cant have new egis. I don't even think about it much of a pet class anymore and would be totally cool if they did away with the pets and just let us be bad ass summoners who summon primals during our fights to throw a quick blast or two.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Urdnot Rekt
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I'm not complaining the bahamut was the coolest ability shown by any of the the mage classes. So much that I forgot about BLM, RDM and SAM's showing completely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wild Fire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I'm probably gonna say something that was said a million times before, but the Egis are quite underwhelming as they are now.

Summons have always been really iconic in any FF, this one included. Ifrit, Garuda, Titan and the others all look really amazing and it would be great to have them as a proper summon instead of these toy-looking Egis.

I understand the technical limitations and I still like the SMN job regardless, but I can't deny that without being able to summon powerful entities, the class lost a lot of its flavour.

Hopefully this Bahamut thing is going to pave the way for new possibilities.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Violet Drakarys
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Wouldn't it be lore-technicaly a Problem if two summoners are on the same scene and both summoning Ifrit? I think it would. That's said, thats why I believe as well, that new Bahamut "Summon" is more a visuable effect. Like "you use your charges and summone the essence of bahamut" but never the actual Primal. It happens to exist only once in the known universe.

However, remoddeling the Egis into something bigger that Looks more like the real deal - I'm all in for that one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Urdnot Rekt
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Talec View Post
    Wouldn't it be lore-technicaly a Problem if two summoners are on the same scene and both summoning Ifrit? I think it would. That's said, thats why I believe as well, that new Bahamut "Summon" is more a visuable effect. Like "you use your charges and summone the essence of bahamut" but never the actual Primal. It happens to exist only once in the known universe.

However, remoddeling the Egis into something bigger that Looks more like the real deal - I'm all in for that one.
    A visible effect doesn't fire off attacks like a normal pet, which is what Bahamut was doing, he fired off a normal attack while SMN used ruin, then akh morn. Since he is replacing your pet for a time, obviously he's going to attack the target otherwise the SMN will lose some damage because of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mature Rudlum
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I'm just excited to see what else can we do
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6