Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshimoshikami View Post
    Don't talk to me about adulthood and how to have a discussion. Looking at people almightly, calling them "bro", telling them "good job" and "lmao" is neither acting as an adult or contributing to a discussion.

Nothing will come out of this topic so I am leaving here.
    Since we are equal I can call you "bro," and say "good job" and "lmao" at my leisure. I'm not speaking to my professor, or a customer at the place where I work, or my grandfather. I'm speaking to someone on an Internet forum for a video game. If thats all you read from my posts that's your problem not mine.

I'm pretty sure the person "looking at people almighty" is the person looking to punish people unfairly for leaving an instance thinking they're "protecting the weak."

Lmao bye.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mavrias; 05-29-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Feidam View Post
    Actually when you choose to be mentor you are agreeing to be held to higher standard of behavior. You willing take on this responsibility. So be responsible. nobody is forcing them to queue as a mentor.
    That higher standard is defined by SE, not players, and staying in duties is not included there. You guys keep trying to turn the mentor system into something it's not, mentors are no more than regular players like you but with an extra chat channel to help people.

As long as this remains a game and mentors aren't being paid real money this remains a volunteer job that anyone can drop at any moment. You're free to sign up to the mentor system and help outnumber those "bad mentors", but you can't force them to play the way you want them to.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Elai Khatahdyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It would be lovely if we were all friendly, helpful and considerate.
    Sadly some of us - thankfully the minority - are not any of those things. And, given the choice, I'd rather they left at the start of a run than spoil it for the rest just because it's a dungeon they hate. Which is the most likely outcome if the punishment for leaving is too harsh.
    I never ever queue for the Trials roulette because I'm not willing to do Titan Ex unsync-ed. I don't think people should queue for anything if they're not prepared to endure every single one of the possible outcomes. If I got Titan, I'd bail fastest than ... something real fast! So I don't do trials. But there's really nothing I can do to hold another person to the standard I choose for myself. Whether they're a mentor or not, I can't force anything upon them. And I refuse to spoil the rest of my game time by getting mad about that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syvic Zivota
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 81
    If a mentor goes into mentor roulette and leaves I believe the penalty should be harsher. The entire point of that status is to help improve others, by leaving at the start of the run you're not doing what the system was intended for.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elladie View Post
    I never ever queue for the Trials roulette because I'm not willing to do Titan Ex unsync-ed.
    Oh uh just some info that might be helpful for you.

As of this post Titan EX is not in the Trial Roulette. So don't miss out on the tome bonus for it! You can safely queue for it.

Trial Roulette only has Normal and Hard mode Primals. No Extreme versions in there; they are only in Mentor Roulette.
    (6)
    Last edited by Miste; 05-29-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Nvm Trial Roulette doesn't have the list like other roulettes do for some reason :/

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    Oh uh just some info that might be helpful for you.

As of this post Titan EX is not in the Trial Roulette. So don't miss out on the tome bonus for it! You can safely queue for it.

When you click on a roulette if you look in the adjacent window and scroll down it will show what duties are in that roulette.

Trial Roulette only has Normal and Hard mode Primals. No Extreme versions in there; they are only in Mentor Roulette.
    It actually doesnt even include ifrit, titan, and garuda normal. Those are in the leveling roulette.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    It actually doesnt even include ifrit, titan, and garuda normal. Those are in the leveling roulette.
    Yes, I know, but it includes Normal Mode of HW primals (IE Containment Bay S1T7, Thordan, Containment Bay P1T6)...so it still does contain normal modes of certain primals. The main point was she is safe to queue for Trial Roulette because Extreme versions aren't in there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream_Fox View Post
    If a mentor goes into mentor roulette and leaves I believe the penalty should be harsher. The entire point of that status is to help improve others, by leaving at the start of the run you're not doing what the system was intended for.
    The point of the status to help improve new player skill by offering advice and answering questions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kage Zanarca
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 79
    Hey! I came back because I understood something. Mavrias would say that I ranked Moon level 10.

The key of that conflict is the time.
    Mentors want the time they spend to be rewarded. But the roulette is not fair.
    * Some missions are sure to succeed and short.
    * Others are long or have high propability of failure.
    So mentors dodge.

Apprentices want that mentors spend time on their side. They are angry because they do the opposite.
    * They waste their queue time when they dodge.
    * They mostly hepl on trivial and short content.

The reward system is a failure. The role of the mentor is to spend time with the apprentices.
    The mentor should not be rewarded for the accomplishment of a quest, but should be rewarded for the time they spend.
    The quest maybe a failure, the mission may be aborted by a vote, the mentor should still be rewarded.

If you follow that logic, I think many mentors would gladly help on any type of content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshimoshikami View Post
    The reward system is a failure. The role of the mentor is to spend time with the apprentices.
    The mentor should not be rewarded for the accomplishment of a quest, but should be rewarded for the time they spend.
    The quest maybe a failure, the mission may be aborted by a vote, the mentor should still be rewarded.

If you follow that logic, I think many mentors would gladly help on any type of content.
    Yes, I'll gladly let the duty take as long as possible.
    (0)

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast