Player
    Character
    Lazee Ti'red
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80

Guess warriors no longer pull bosses?

unless Im just misreading things (alot of info all coming out in scattered chunks)

Infuriate does nothing while not in combat so i guess warriors cant zerk unchained pull bosses anymore, then let a PLD or DRK take over?

kinda lame TBH
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    It's a bit early to speculate on the meta, but technically you can tomahawk > infuriate unchained at pull. You just can't pre infuriate and do triple cleave opener. Moreover we have no idea if any changes for pld/drk would make it ideal to pull.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xavier Dracul
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 79
    I think tanks get shadewalker now, no? That should make it incredibly easy to not rip aggro off any tank that wants to MT
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Log Off
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I think tanks get shadewalker now, no? That should make it incredibly easy to not rip aggro off any tank that wants to MT
    Shirk has the shadewalker icon but as far as I'm aware we have no idea what it actually does/how it works. Even if it is shadewalker, OT openers for all classes generate very little aggro, so it will be less effective than it is on ninja. The only thing that would be really interesting about if shirk was just tank shadewalker would be how it interacts with provoke. If we can use shirk+provoke on the opener to effectively double the MT's aggro (80% of MT's existing aggro + 80% of whatever the OT generated during Shirk's timer), then aggro concerns are effectively over in raid groups (unless DPS are out-aggroing us by a frightening level, which given the STR/VIT/accessory changes seems possible, if not likely).

That said, all of this is wild speculation and we'll find out in two weeks I guess.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I don't think we'll find too much enmity concerns anymore, given that literally every DPS has access to Diversion (Quelling Strikes) now. Even then, if enmity ends up becoming a problem anyways, both tanks could open in tank stance while one of them uses Shirk to generate enmity as two MTs into just one tank. IT would be a DPS loss for the starting off-tank, but might be a gain for both tanks in the long run if it means having to be in tank stance for shorter periods.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I always pulled bosses on my Paladin cause I was main tanking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I always pulled bosses on my Paladin cause I was main tanking.
    Not exactly a bad thing to do, but when you optimize both tanks' dps (and to some extent the healers' dps as well), having war pulling the boss lets them build a huge amount of aggro without losing too much dps (not as much as you using halone combo 1-3x in shield oath), and then you can just provoke and use halone once until you need another tank swap. Using royal authority instead of halone is a 90 potency gain per combo, which is quite big.

Doing multiple tank swaps, instead of "main tanking" the entire fight allows you to stack multiple cds (sentinel + rampart and then tank swap instead of just sentinel for one buster, just rampart for the next buster), so you can probably stay in sword oath without straining the healers (most of the time the war's cds aren't really used for anything). I believe this mentality will be helpful especially during early progression where you're less geared.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60
    atm most of endgame wars never use unchained for pull, just Defiance + tomahawk + EQ then change stance thats with shade ofcourse
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildarts View Post
    atm most of endgame wars never use unchained for pull, just Defiance + tomahawk + EQ then change stance thats with shade ofcourse
    The only caveat is that it requires a NIN currently, however with the changes you can just Shirk the dude who pulls (plus every DPS has quelling now). In all likelihood WAR is still gonna be optimal for pulling, mainly due to their aggro combo not being a DPS loss - there might be some shenanigans you could pull off w/ Shirk + Shadewalker but I have my doubts that that'll prevent a PLD/DRK aggro combo... maybe if the WAR swaps after but that seems pointless. PLD can also Intervention the WAR but idk how fast Oath Gauge builds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anomaly Danklord
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 71
    Except for that Spookyghost, shirke requires the user to have aggro to begin with. So you can't shirke on a pull. Shirke simply gives your target your aggro that you have.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast