Player
    Character
    Sarah Goeiji
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 4

Together from the start..

First, thanks to anyone that answer this questions..
    Hello, Since I trying to find suitable MMORPG for me and my wife. I think FFXIV is the best MMOPRG today.

I have a question before I buy this game..
    1.) can we got same story quest or just quest if we on the different class on level 1 ?
    2.) what happen if I just playing to lv.50 and not taking a job?
    3.) is the equip is different conjurer/archanist and white mage?
    4.) if I was dragoon and decide to be black mage, I start from level 1 again as thaumaturge ?
    5.)to be a dragoon I sud have a lancer lv 30 and marauder lv 15. what happen my if lancer was lv 50 and marauder lv 50??

sorry for this stupid question I just dont understand how this game works, since is not cheap for me I sud know everyhting before start.. thank youu
    (0)
    Last edited by GoejiSarah; 05-23-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pri Mo
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    1) The main quest its different in each class city til level 15, where it merges and it becames the same for every class
    2) nothing really, but a job its a advanced class, with some new skills besides the base class ones
    3) some are, some arent, you can check out which.
    4) yes, but with the same character
    5) you just need to do the quest, a job its but a stone in your armory. You can switch it on/off whenever you like!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GoejiSarah View Post
    1.) can we got same story quest or just quest if we on the different class on level 1 ?
    Each starting city is home to certain classes' guilds. If you and your wife choose classes that begin in the same city, then yes; however, if you start as classes from different cities, you will be separated until between about Lv15.

Here are the cities and their classes:

Limsa Lominsa
    ====
    Arcanist (ACN) - Caster, becomes Scholar(healer) and Summoner(caster) at Lv30.
    Marauder (MRD) - Tank, becomes Warrior.
    Rogue (ROG) - Melee dexterity DD, becomes Ninja. Not available as a starting class.

Ul'dah
    ====
    Gladiator (GLA) - Tank, becomes Paladin.
    Pugilist (PGL) - Melee strength DD, becomes Monk.
    Thaumaturge (THM) - Caster, becomes Black Mage.

Gridania
    ====
    Archer (ARC) - Ranged DD, becomes Bard
    Conjurer (CNJ) - Healer, becomes White Mage.
    Lancer (LNC) - Melee strength DD, becomes Dragoon

So if you want to play together starting as a tank and DD, you could be MRD+ACN so you both start in Lominsa, or GLA+THM so you both start in Ul'dah. Or if one of you wants to heal, you can CNJ+LNC so you start in Gridania. Unfortunately, there is not currently a combination that would allow you to play together as a tank and healer right away.

That said, getting to Lv15 and being able to travel to the other cities comes pretty quick, so if you have to compromise on a class combination to start, it won't be long before you've advanced the story to where you can unlock a class that you actually want to play.

Or if you start in two different cities, you'll find the stories converging around Lv15, which is when you'll be able to meet up and continue together.

2.) what happen if I just playing to lv.50 and not taking a job?
    Classes after reaching Lv30 aren't a real thing. The jobs are uprades with higher stats and specialized abilities that make you much better at your role. Currently, they require the base class at 30 and a supporting class at 15; however, beginning with Stormblood, the support class requirement will be abolished.

3.) is the equip is different conjurer/archanist and white mage?
    A White Mage is a Conjurer. It can wear anything that a Conjurer can wear. Arcanist is a damage dealer. Healer and magic DD gear is the same at the beginning, but after 30 the gear sets start to become distinct from each other.

Scholar and Summoner are both Arcanists, and will be able to wear arcanist gear, but at later levels they will be wearing role-specific gear because SCH's main stat is mind while SMN's main stat is intelligence.

4.) if I was dragoon and decide to be black mage, I start from level 1 again as thaumaturge ?
    This is correct. The classes begin at Lv1, and then jobs unlock once the appropriate base class is Lv30.

Heavensward jobs will require reaching Lv50, completing the 2.55 story, and entering the first Heavensward area. Once unlocked, they start as jobs outright, as Lv30.

Stormblood jobs will require reaching Lv50 and completing the 2.0 story, and will be available somewhere in a Realm Reborn area. They will start as jobs outright, as Lv50.

5.)to be a dragoon I sud have a lancer lv 30 and marauder lv 15. what happen my if lancer was lv 50 and marauder lv 50??
    Dragoon is a lancer, so you would be a Lv50 dragoon.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Retry Mire
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    sorry for this stupid question I just dont understand how this game works, since is not cheap for me I sud know everyhting before start.. thank youu
    It's not stupid questions if you don't know and want to make sure its the right fit for you and your wife. I believe its smart to be well informed before spending money xP
    Rongway did amazing at explaining things so I'll just add my view on the game, albeit bias since I've played for over 2yrs haha.

My wife and I play this as well, we didn't start at the same time - I started first and convinced her to try the trial and she was addicted haha. I heal as a scholar and she tanks as a Dark Knight. It's incredibly fun to play together and meet new friends in the game. Real life couples who play are actually fairly common in Final Fantasy - or at least they are on my server so you know the game is engaging enough to where you both will (hopefully) enjoy it.
    With the new expansion coming out in less than a month things ARE going to be changing and we aren't fully informed on all of the changes that are going to happen.
    But don't fret, the changes are designed to make the game more friendly to newcomers so you can explore all the different jobs and roles without having to complete all the grueling extra things we veterans had to such as cross skills - where you had to level multiple classes just to make your main job flourish.

Also, if you have questions when in the game you can join what is called the Novice Network, which is an in-game chat room where you can ask questions to 'mentors' (veteran players) about certain things you might be confused on. More often than not the ones in the chat room are friendly and helpful - but there is always also this board on the forums if they are of no help!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    And, while this might be too obvious, i may as well throw it out there. Theres nothing stopping one or both of you from doing the free trial to see how the game feels. Trial characters are limited somewhat in game, so it would be hard to do some things together, but if you like what you try you can upgrade to the actual game and those restrictions all go away.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    Trial characters are limited somewhat in game, so it would be hard to do some things together, but if you like what you try you can upgrade to the actual game and those restrictions all go away.
    One of the trial restrictions is that you cannot invite anyone to form a party with you (though you can join one if somebody else does the inviting). That one might be more awkward for a couple trying to play together than it is for someone who's satisfied with soloing through the early part of the game. Still an option, of course, but it could become a frustrating one fairly quickly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarah Goeiji
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 4
    OMG look at this all answer, thanks for all your kind kindness..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarah Goeiji
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 4
    hey can be a paladin and then after i lv.50 and i just change to red mage??
    while on the progress im not adding my attribute to the paladin, instead of give all to int?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    hey can be a paladin and then after i lv.50 and i just change to red mage??
    I believe so. (Though I have to admit I haven't kept up with all the announcements regarding the next expansion, so I could be wrong.)

while on the progress im not adding my attribute to the paladin, instead of give all to int?
    Each class has it's own set of bonus attributes, so you can add all your GLD/PLD attribute points to Vitality, and still be able to add THM/BLM attribute points to Intelligence, CNJ/WHM points to Mind, ARC/BRD points to Dexterity, and so on.

The only one that presents something of an issue is Arcanist, since the points are divided according to the base class rather than the job, and Arcanist can become both Summoner (which still uses Intelligence as its primary stat) and Scholar (which uses Mind). You can either pick your favorite between SMN and SCH and assign all your ACN/SMN/SCH bonus points to that job's attribute, divide them equally between both, or keep using The Keeper's Hymn to reset them back and forth.
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 05-27-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Based on what we've heard the requirement to become Red Mage will probably be beating Ultima Weapon at level 50, buying the expansion, then doing whatever the unlock quest ends up being. So yeah, if you want you should be able to switch over at that point. Youll want to get the appropriate caster gear, and you might have to stop for a short break to level up(i dont remember if they announced RDM starting at level 50 or not) to continue the story... but otherwise there shouldnt be any issues.
    (0)