Character
    Luno Belfi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrior View Post
    op
    1. Nay... The skill is abuseable, for sure. But will a healer risk to be banned for such a silly thing?I don't think so. But if someone wants to be an an a*****e, he will be one. Take off rescue from healers or shirk from tanks won't change that.

2. If that DPS wants to be a winy baby, he can do as much drama as he like back on the queue. At least, I never used Rescue and no one complained about that.

3. That's a real issue here. And solve the lag and the constant DDoS attacks are the SE's work.

4. Bad healers will be bad. With or without Rescue.

5. True. It can be trully useful if the situation requires to do so.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Linz
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 66
    Happened to me when I que as tank in Titan Hard mode. The damn healer used Rescue when Titan jump to reduce the arena dragging me down with him. You would think oh it's still doable with the remaining members, nope! They all jump afterwards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I use rescue on Shinryu to save dps from the waterfall (mostly samurai)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keicha Olive
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Rescue has actually become my favorite ability in 24-man raids. When the last boss of LotA casts ancient flare and I can see that someone isn't going to make it out, I can just pull them to safety. Same goes for the last boss in Rabanastre. There is always someone who has trouble with gnawing dead. Or when someone is not standing in a puddle for Forgall's mega death. And Calofisteri's haircut. There are so many situations where rescue can save someone. It's great.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Otomis Nahua
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 16
    I get in a decent amount of play time doing my daily roulette's. Since the release of rescue, I have intentionally been pulled away from boss into a mechanic and died; while I was main tanking twice...For the healer just to say, "Oh' my bad, I did not mean to hit that." PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO BLOCK RESCUE! Or get rid of the skill, the only time it is useful for for myself while raiding on BRD is to prevent knock-back, and guess what, often times, no one prevent me getting knocked back while PUG'ing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Best uses I've seen out of it are definitely in 24-man. Saving people from the charges on the 2nd boss, and on the final boss dragging people into the safe circle which people seem to have trouble with.

My only complaint about the ability is that it straight up just doesn't work sometimes. I'll use it and they'll just fidget about in place and not come towards me.

The ability should also have on the description "Effectiveness varies with target's internet connection".
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ree'no Ra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Rescue is the best spell in the game and I just wanna thank YoshiP for blessing me with it. My only regret is that it's got a 2.5 min cd.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verrine Mercer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchit View Post
    Rescue is the best spell in the game and I just wanna thank YoshiP for blessing me with it. My only regret is that it's got a 2.5 min cd.
    It really needs to be lowered. It's pretty hard to use it properly with the triple end delay, and having it on a lower CD would help me keep the ability on my mind more.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ree'no Ra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by basketofseals View Post
    It really needs to be lowered. It's pretty hard to use it properly with the triple end delay, and having it on a lower CD would help me keep the ability on my mind more.
    Also the fact it's wasted fairly often and fails, usually because the person had no aggro or the tank uses Tempered Will. Bam! wasted it with a 2.5 min cd now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliiza Duskryn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Best uses I've seen out of it are definitely in 24-man. Saving people from the charges on the 2nd boss, and on the final boss dragging people into the safe circle which people seem to have trouble with.

My only complaint about the ability is that it straight up just doesn't work sometimes. I'll use it and they'll just fidget about in place and not come towards me.

The ability should also have on the description "Effectiveness varies with target's internet connection".
    I believe certain jobs get a skill that makes knock backs, pulls, etc nulled that might be what you're experiencing.
    (0)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast