Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RukiaFae View Post
    But complain about what when you don't know the whole picture. How can they make changes if we don't even know what to change? Once we actually have the game and see the numbers then we can complain if WHM still sucks. Right now there is no point to complain when you don't have enough information to make a valid argument.
    Yoshi P specifically said there are no major changes. WHM is a job that NEEDs major changes. It needs to be less pure healer and given MORE support skills. Everything Yoshi P has said about the job is contrary to that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leiloni Kahu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernosaur View Post
    Also, of note, is that they seem to be getting rid of a lot of healer-centric mitigation. Taking Virus/Disable away from healers and giving Addle and Apocatastasis to all Casters, plus a 20% physical reduction shield to ranged physical DPS makes me think they want to spread the role of mitigation across all roles, which in itself isn't a bad thing. The fact that healers could handle all the mitigation in the content made it so other classes having extra mitigation was pointless.
    I really don't like this honestly. Boss debuffs, mitigation skills, etc. are all part of the support aspect of being a healer. I don't want it taken away and given to the dps. It's one of the bits of variety that keep things interesting as a healer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ceasaria Pheonixia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuka3 View Post
    Just that it looks like all classes are loosing Stoneskin, and Aero will be merged into Aero II, meaning that WHM looses out big times here as well. Aero might be borderline useless, but it was always nice to apply on the go, e.g. while avoiding AoE. Yes, you do lose some skills, too, but by far not as much as WHM, sorry.
    Aero II will be an instant spell, so....and maybe its potency is a cumulation of I and previously II.

And, I want to share this :

It's very possible Scholar lose his Virus and Whm get it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ariane Claudel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceasaria View Post
    Aero II will be an instant spell, so....and maybe its potency is a cumulation of I and previously II.

And, I want to share this :

It's very possible Scholar lose his Virus and Whm get it.
    It is greyed out and unusable. While maybe that means some condition has to be met before using, it more likely it is just left over from when they could cross class it. Just like how Yoshi-p still has physick on his BLM hotbar.

Also we know what happened to virus. It was renamed, got a new icon, and maybe new animation, and was put into the caster DPS role pool.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiryuu View Post
    Yoshi P specifically said there are no major changes. WHM is a job that NEEDs major changes. It needs to be less pure healer and given MORE support skills. Everything Yoshi P has said about the job is contrary to that.
    You can't say if White Mage need major changes right now since we don't know how the healing will be in Stormblood, and especially in hard content.
    So if we'll have to complain about what they added or removed, it'll be done after testing all of this through the new content, not before.

By the way, for the cross abilites system. Skills we saw have the same icon as the whm's one, but it doesn't mean it has the same effect since all healer will be able to use it.
    We may have fears about what they want to do, but please don't whine and yell at them before exactly knowing what is the effect of those skill and how it will really work on battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by KDSilver; 05-29-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Am I the only one wondering why they putted Protect as a cross class skill?
    I mean, in what scenario wouldn't we want protect in the group?
    Unless Protect has been reworked as some kind of group / mono target dmg reduction cooldown (like the Bole basically).
    I'm also baffled by Esuna as a cross class skill. I mean... the whole purpose of this cross action thing is to allow you to personalise your character. Unless they design every fight in such a way that debuff can always be avoided or are never properly Dangerous (like, DoT of doom Killing you in 5-6 sec), I don't see why we wouldn't pick that...
    Maybe Esuna is an AoE cleanse? Did he confirned we wouldn't have any cleasn mechanic out of this skill? I can't recall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's to encourage a bit of variety I think.

In a raid situation you'll likely end up with one healer taking it and the other dropping it for something different.

For dungeons, I actually have protect somewhat late in my cross class abilities on SCH, cleric stance and blizzard II both offer a lot more value than protect in lower level dungeons.
    (2)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Shaartis Laggal
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post
    It's to encourage a bit of variety I think.

In a raid situation you'll likely end up with one healer taking it and the other dropping it for something different.

For dungeons, I actually have protect somewhat late in my cross class abilities on SCH, cleric stance and blizzard II both offer a lot more value than protect in lower level dungeons.
    But wouldn't you just cast Protect and after that change it to another skill before pulling?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Whilst content is still relevant and challenging? Likely no. People make mistakes, deaths happen and not being able to reprotect someone with weakness is only going to increase the odds of snowballing.
    (2)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Ariane Claudel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Protect is an ability now. You can see that because it has no MP cost on Yoshi's hotbar. It probably works differently now.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast