Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

PIE now a substat

They just announced PIE will be a substat now, only affecting healers, but the effect is more or less the same.
    (0)

Character
    Miles Maelstrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Wasn't it already a sub Stat I mean it was always treated like it was on gear
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I wonder what this means for BLMs. It will be nice to no longer have racial disparity in MP pools, but even outside of the racial disparity there was a benefit to reaching a certain amount of mp. If they factor that threshhold into BLM mp pools right off the bat then great, otherwise I hope we can still use piety materia as non-healer classes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yorumi Eienyuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    I wonder what this means for BLMs. It will be nice to no longer have racial disparity in MP pools, but even outside of the racial disparity there was a benefit to reaching a certain amount of mp. If they factor that threshhold into BLM mp pools right off the bat then great, otherwise I hope we can still use piety materia as non-healer classes.
    I know there was at least a bit of a consideration for smn too. they don't have unlimited mp like blm. More max mp means slightly more natural mp regen and aetherflow gives more mp.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    With Piety not being a main stat anymore it might be possible to penta-meld it now!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucidia Dreamweaver
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    It being a substat may mean the piety party buff is removed and all 3 healers will provide the mind party buff now. #RIPWHM
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Always wondered, does Piety affect MP regen? As I feel like this would be far more useful (and worth stacking for prolonged fights) than simply more MP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Docteur Fluttershy
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    It does not affect mp regen directly, but since the natural mp regen is of 2% of maximum mana every 3s in battle, the more Mp you have, the better the regen, so you can consider that 100 piety, which gives about 800-850 mp now, will result in a +16mp/3s boost.
    (2)