Player
    Character
    Awful Name
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Removal of Parry and Accuracy with the new stat "Tenacity"

Finally the day has come where accuracy and parry are abolished, new tank stat is tenacity that'll:

-reduce damage taken
    -increases your action(?) ability damage/damage in general
    -increases block/parry

With these new changes we'll probably see harder hitting content rather then the content we're used to as tanks, and honestly I welcome this change.

Accuracy is based on level and accuracy is removed (thank god)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Clive Hawkins
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Tenacity didn't mention increasing block / parry. I believe it mentioned the opposite. "Parrying will still be possible, there just won’t be a sub stat to increase it on gear."

My excitement is for being able to block magic damage and block while not facing the enemy. Really changes everything now that all of our cooldowns work against magical attacks (besides Foresight which was cross-classed.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dormu Razormane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60
    My biggest question here, now, is what happens to all the accuracy currently on tank gear. Does it turn into Tenacity? Does it turn into Direct Hit? So many questions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormu View Post
    My biggest question here, now, is what happens to all the accuracy currently on tank gear. Does it turn into Tenacity? Does it turn into Direct Hit? So many questions.
    Only gear that has Direct Hit on it is DPS gear. However, there's gear that has Parry + Accuracy, so both of them turning into Tenacity wouldn't really be possible. Regardless, though, the stats won't just disappear - they'll be replaced with something and all substats (Crit, Det, Tenacity, SkS) are more useful than completely dead stats like Parry and Accuracy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dormu Razormane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60
    Well it really hasn't been confirmed what accuracy on tank gear turns into. I've done quite a bit of research and googling regarding the live letter and I cannot find any mention of what happens to accuracy on tank gear, only that parry is turning to tenacity.

I was personally hoping tanks would get Direct Hit. It sounds like it would be very fun for PLD Sword Oath interaction, or massive Fell Cleaves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I was personally hoping tanks would get Direct Hit. It sounds like it would be very fun for PLD Sword Oath interaction, or massive Fell Cleaves.
    It might be possible that we can meld it even if it isn't on the gear by default, so I wouldn't give up hope.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Well it really hasn't been confirmed what accuracy on tank gear turns into. I've done quite a bit of research and googling regarding the live letter and I cannot find any mention of what happens to accuracy on tank gear, only that parry is turning to tenacity.

Yoshi flat out stated parry and accuracy will be removed from all gear. Accuracy will be replaced with Direct Hit for DPS and Parry will be replaced with Tenacity for Tanks. So accuracy on tank gear will be removed, that is the only thing we know for certain. Whether or not tanks get something in place of it is open to debate, I'm guessing it will be replaced with something and that something will depend on other secondary stats already on the gear so there will be no one size fits all replacement scheme for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    It might be possible that we can meld it even if it isn't on the gear by default, so I wouldn't give up hope.
    Except for the rules on advanced melding, you can meld anything to anything. I don't see tenacity and direct hit materia changing that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cacho'rro Dos'ventos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Parry will be likely a fixed % that can be raised by popping a CD (like Dark Dance).

And I imagine that parry will no longer get in the way of blocking. Also in SB block works for magical damage and parry don't.

I love how accuracy is based on mob lv now. You don't need to worry about caps and healers don't have to meld acc anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    Accuracy will be replaced with Direct Hit for DPS and Parry will be replaced with Tenacity for Tanks. So accuracy on tank gear will be removed, that is the only thing we know for certain.
    As far as I can tell, reading up on the live letter notes (unofficial, I know) it sounds more like Yoshi stated that Direct Hit will only be applied to future DPS equipment, same going for Tenacity and future tank gear.

Not that those stats will only ever work for those specific roles. Kinda like how a dps can currently meld parry and still get an increase to the stat like that, I could see it being possible to meld Direct Hit to tank gear, and Tenacity to DPS gear (although the gain would probably be so minimal that it might not be worth melding it).

If the above is the case, any parry/accuracy pieces will likely just change to tenacity/direct hit
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast