Page 14 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Elrica Lavandula
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's so weird that Esuna becomes a cross role skill when every healer already had something like that but things like Raise, Resurrection and Ascend or Cure, Physick and Benefic stay on their healers. Why not just keep Esuna and their equivalents on the healers? I really hope that we won't need Esuna very often, because most healers won't have it anyway.

I also really don't get that we lose Stoneskin and keep Repose. They should rather have changed something about Stoneskin but let WHMs keep it. It actually really fits their nature and holy theme, so I find that a little bit sad.

And if they give almost all nice WHM skills to the other healers but don't give WHM anything else but pure healing, why would anyone keep playing WHM? People don't want WHM already. I thought they would do something AGAINST that, not make it even worse.

Nice making us choose 5 out of 10 skills of which we now have most of them FOR FREE not having to choose from them. What kind of choice is it, when like 4 or even 5 of them will me mandatory most of the time?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenS View Post
    Just in theory.

When looking into fflogs creator savage clears (I only looked into the old ones, not the diadem and echo resets), the amount of whitemages is still between AST (the lowest one) and SCH (the highest one).

So just by looking into statistics, there was no reason for SE to change much.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...of_a12s_party/

This analysis suggests otherwise. Scholar remained fairly consistent throughout Heavensward while Astro pulled ahead significantly the higher parse percentile climbed. Checking overall rankings on FFLogs based on parse uploaded, White Mage averaged approximately half their other healer counterparts through Creator; a substantially drop from Midas where they averaged more than double Astro.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Patricia Nirvana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Don't worry, I was just explaining that the solution to the problem shouldn't be to switch it around. Just like you said about baseline, there are just so many skills on that role list that "should" be involved by default. I don't see why they are still even limiting cross skills at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I never mentioned a "solution".

I was responding to someone who was talking about being taken "seriously", to which I inferred they were talking about raiding encounters.

You aren't always going to need Esuna (unless SE specifically designs a dispel mechanic into every boss fight). Both healers won't need Protect. Work it out with your raid group.

I'm not disagreeing that Esuna should be baseline, though. I just disagree that it can't be worked around.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aenn Do'chas
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    @Limonia the reason the resurrection spells stayed as is is mostly likely because of the arc/smn/sch. The smn retains the red as part of his utility and if they moved it he would either lose acces or they would have had to give all the caster res as well.
    (1)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiryuu View Post
    I was around when the game went from 2.0 to 3.0.

But Yoshi P said himself on the live stream: "WHM hasn't really changed at all. We wanted to keep it as a pure healer." That pretty much tells you all you need to know and he said the same thing regarding AST and SCH (minus the pure healer bit)
    on the other hand no-one knows how the raids will be designed... maybe we will see major changes in endgame-content too? so whm still got the strongest reg-ticks and with mind as dmg stat whm can become a really strong burst dmg dealer... if they solve the mp-issue for dpsing... but yeah... I don't know why so many think that whm are dead or are going to die (again and again...) – let's see what will happen to us whms ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Limonia View Post
    And if they give almost all nice WHM skills to the other healers but don't give WHM anything else but pure healing, why would anyone keep playing WHM? People don't want WHM already. I thought they would do something AGAINST that, not make it even worse.
    It's a really weird move on their part which makes me think they must have given WHM something really good. But I just can't see it.
    First of all, the lilies seem to build only during healing, which is already bad because most healers slap on regens and keep dpsing. So we'll only benefit from our new abilities as we heal.
    Then, I really didn't notice any speed increase at max lilies, which makes me think the increase is negligible. We'll see in the coming days, but right now it looks like WHM was completely screwed.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Yorumi Eienyuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    and with mind as dmg stat whm can become a really strong burst dmg dealer... if they solve the mp-issue for dpsing...
    pre-SB cleric stance swapped your int and mnd stat. So in a sense mnd already was a dps stat for healers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    on the other hand no-one knows how the raids will be designed... maybe we will see major changes in endgame-content too? so whm still got the strongest reg-ticks and with mind as dmg stat whm can become a really strong burst dmg dealer... if they solve the mp-issue for dpsing... but yeah... I don't know why so many think that whm are dead or are going to die (again and again...) – let's see what will happen to us whms ^^
    They can't make changes to raid content that will force raids to take a white mage because that will wind up forcing one of the other two out. Unfortunately, this way of thinking SE has done is excluding whm now because they can't get it through their heads that a pure healer just isn't in demand by the game or the players.
    (5)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    well they actually can do that for sure... if the dmg and the mechanics are designed the way that you'll have to compensate way more impact than just tank busters the whole design for one pure healer and only one utility healer is easily set. sure the comm would cry for whatever reason but I don't see a problem with that. the grps have to chose between sch and ast for the 2nd spot if whm would be pre set as raid healer in 4.0.

pure healer isnt in demand yet but who knows how 4.0 turns out? let's see ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Despite the devs stating that they want to keep WHM a pure healer, which I understand, I just get this feeling WHM dps potential is going way up.

Taking cleric stance to increase damage seems favorable, and no longer having to stance dance turns tetra into a mini bene, and assuming the CD duration remains the same, that can lead to a significant increase in overall dps. Aero 2 in the video was clearly an instant cast, so being able to weave it in on the move would be crazy awesome. Stone IV has the same animation as holy and Aero 3, so it is clearly AoE. What remains speculative is how the damage is applied to multiple targets. Either way, they now have four AoEs innately. Take along break and swiftcast, and just whoa! That not taking into account what some of their other new abilities do.

Will have to see how much improvement is made to their mana management as its always been their limitations. But I'm definitely curious to thoughts about WHM role in endgame if they can cause more damage than any other healer.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gemina; 05-24-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Page 14 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast