Thread: Knife vs Awl

Player

Knife vs Awl

So at the moment my assumption is that the knife is for leather and other little bits and the awl is for gear. Is that correct as far as you're aware or would you say the other way around?
    (0)
    Do you remember how it will feel, cold grinding grizzly bear jaws hot on your heels. - Jim Morrison

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Knife has higher craftsmanship, Awl has higher magic craftsmanship.

When making parts (pretty much anything not-gear), upon HQ one of them will increase quality (+1~+3 leather), while the other will increase quantity (2 or more NQ leathers). Which one does which is supposed to vary per synth, but usually the knife is higher quality while the awl does more quantity.

These are the only differences. If your question is "which synths use craftsmanship and which use magic crafstmanship?", I don't know if anyone has done enough research to say one way or another.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wayward Automaton
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    I was under the impression awls were no longer used, since all synths are main hand, second hand does not matter. Am i incorrect?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Anything you can synth with your main hand, you can synth with your offhand. My post still applies.

If you want to stack craftsmanship, use the knife; if you want to stack m.craftstmanship, use the awl.
    (1)