Player
    Character
    Il'lara Rhel
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwuggles View Post
    This particular issue (the recurring and apparently unfixable kind) is almost entirely exclusive to either the R9 380 or possibly the Tonga chipset it uses (which is only in a few cards). You can certainly get Dx11 errors with other cards but they seem to be more one off issues that can be resolved. If you look up this error a VAST majority of the users experiencing it have an R9 380 so I think it's VERY likely that a new GPU would resolve the issue. It would be nice if SE just fixed the issue or at least communicated with us about it so folks could make an informed decision on whether or not its worth upgrading only for FFXIV since most folks seem to have issues only for FFXIV.
    There are no such thing as unfixable issues, there are only lazy devs who don't give a flying crap about their playerbase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Priest Belmondo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    There was a driver update a year back where AMD saw that dx11 crashed when playing heavensward that apparently fixed it. However obviously it still isn't, maybe with stormblood out they'll recognize the problem still exists and try to work on fixing the problem?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Il'lara Rhel
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 67
    It only fixed for some people (did work for me, until SB). But seriously, though, relying on a graphics card manufacturer to fix your bugs for you?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Priest Belmondo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Yea it sucks. What sucks more is that I'm looking to buy another GPU just to avoid a crash, other games play perfectly fine so it seems unnecessary to have to buy another card. Also why does my fps drop on dx9 however on dx11 the fps is stable at 50-60?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunks Foy
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    This isn't only an AMD issue. I am running an Intel i5-7600k with a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 and I get this error constantly. It always happens when I launch the game, and relaunching 4 or 5 times usually works, then no more errors. But I do indeed see the same errors.

EDIT: Additionally, I don't see these types of error with any game except FFXIV
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by GunksFoy View Post
    This isn't only an AMD issue. I am running an Intel i5-7600k with a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 and I get this error constantly. It always happens when I launch the game, and relaunching 4 or 5 times usually works, then no more errors. But I do indeed see the same errors.

EDIT: Additionally, I don't see these types of error with any game except FFXIV
    This. People saying this is a AMD related issue need to stop saying this. It is very clear this is also a problem with users using GTX cards also. Happening after a certain Windows update. There might of been a time it was an issue with AMD only but it is clearly spread among other types of setups. If SE can at least acknowledge this or at least try to pinpoint the issue, we could at least try to solve it on our end.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sigurdh Gray
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I don't think it's EXCLUSIVE to AMD, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that there are such a huge number of reports of this coming from people with an R9 380. So while it's certainly possible for any card to get this or other errors I'm not sure they're the same exact thing under the hood. Either way it would be nice to get some communication or just plain old fixes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Priest Belmondo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    So any word yet?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aura Ayase
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Is it possible it has something to do with antivirus conflicting with anything? I know I have avast, what about everyone else
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunny Kreolo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    I'm also running a R9 380 and I encountered crashes since 2 weeks before the Stormblood launch or so.
    Before, I never had any problems at all. Always had the latest drivers installed.

So in a last desperate effort, I decided to roll back to the 17.1.1 drivers. I've never had a single crash since then. Maybe I'm just lucky. But maybe some of you might want to try the same thing and become lucky, too. ;-)
    (2)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast