Player
    Character
    Daryan Aia
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50

Question about moving FC house while retaining old plot for personal housing.

So here is my question guys! I asked SE, and they said to ask you! (I want that job! lol)

I have a Med. house for my FC. We are wanting to move the FC house to a large plot.

How can I do this and not loose my original plot, as I want to keep it as a personal house.

We can own a FC house and a personal house, but not 2 of both.

What I am trying to avoid doing is having to relinquish the original plot, as I would then have to buy it back.
    This seems rather silly and a bit wrong, to have to buy a plot I have already bought once. (Not to mention...
    SPENDY!)Plus I may, if I am not fast enough, wish the chance of loosing it to someone else, if they pounce
    during the switch?

Also, how will I buy the large plot when I already own the med. one?

Is there a way to switch a personal house to a FC house? Like, if I bought it as a personal house, can I then flip
    them and make it the FC house?

So confused! =)
    (0)
    Last edited by Daryan; 05-18-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It seems you're asking if there's a way to convert an already used plot into either a fc house or a personal house. There isn't. If you're using the house for one thing, you must relinquish and rebuy the plot to use it for something else.

So in your case you would need to relinquish the fc plot, rebuy it as a personal and also buy the new plot the fc is moving to. If you don't want to do it all by yourself and risk losing a plot, maybe have an officer in the fc be at the new fc plot ready to buy as soon as you relinquish the old one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    As Penthea said there's no way to do what you're after. When moving, the old plot is immediately released out in the the open for anyone to purchase so you'll have to be there or book it to the plot once the move takes place. You'll be paying full price for both the plot you're moving to as well as to re-purchase the old plot after it's made available. It should be noted, if you flat out relinquish the fc plot instead of moving it, you will lose airship/workshop progress and personal rooms anyone has purchased. I don't know how your server is with competition for the housing, but I've heard a lot of people going for mansions for personal housing as well as a lot of FCs that have been waiting for the move feature and an open large plot so if you do end up relinquishing the fc plot ahead of time you may find your fc without a house (or at least without an upgrade).
    (0)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 05-18-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Daryan Aia
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    So if I go to the new plot, and purchase the lot, there will be an option to move existing FC?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryan View Post
    So if I go to the new plot, and purchase the lot, there will be an option to move existing FC?
    Not at this time, that option will be available when the Shirogane housing area becomes available for purchase (some time after launch, no exact date given yet). Reading back it occurs to me this may be something you're attempting to do now. If so, then the move feature is currently unavailable and you will have to scrap all the fc stuff (lose airship progress, personal rooms, etc) and relinquish the house in order to get a new one. If you gil money back, your other option is to wait 45 days without anyone entering the fc house for it to be auto-demolished and you'll get 80% of the gil spent to purchase the house. Just be aware that if there are private rooms, they'll need to be manually demolished (or owners kicked) before you can relinquish an estate manually so you'll have to prepare ahead of time if you want to drop the plot should the server make a large plot available.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 05-18-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boy
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Wait until 4.0 housing is released (two or so weeks after SB launch). The moving feature will be in effect and you'll be able to move your current lot to another medium or a large like you said. All furniture and such will remain intact. You'll have to purchase the plot as if you were buying a new house all over again, so if you're looking for a large you're looking to pay 40+mil gil.

In order to make your current plot a private house though you'll have to buy that plot as well once you release it (as a private owner). So you're looking to pay over 60mil for both.
    (0)