Player
    Character
    Dani Elfman
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Summoner story quests

This falls under narrative more than it does quest mechanics themselves but my suspension of disbelief was shattered to the point of no recovery when Y'shtola was clearly alluding to an up and coming Gubal Library dungeon run for the finale and it instead culminated on the literal doorstep to said dungeon with yet another nameless assault by three dark stooges. I felt the developers had deliberately set me up for disappointment but at least I got to hear that lovely job concluding battle theme from four years ago again as I struggled to comprehend why they bothered with such a quest line in the first place and that they didn't just hand me all the abilities from the get go so I could be on my merry way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    You are actually given an explanation for why it happened like that. Y'mhitra was fooling you in order to draw the ascian out of hiding and put you in a situation likely to awaken the power you set out to get at the start of the quest. As an added bonus, it also lead the the obliteration of said ascian and his friends.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jock Harley
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Catboi View Post
    This falls under narrative more than it does quest mechanics themselves but my suspension of disbelief was shattered to the point of no recovery when Y'shtola was clearly alluding to an up and coming Gubal Library dungeon run for the finale and it instead culminated on the literal doorstep to said dungeon with yet another nameless assault by three dark stooges. I felt the developers had deliberately set me up for disappointment but at least I got to hear that lovely job concluding battle theme from four years ago again as I struggled to comprehend why they bothered with such a quest line in the first place and that they didn't just hand me all the abilities from the get go so I could be on my merry way.
    Considering you were also referring on another post how you felt the scenario cs were pointless due to people finishing the fights before you were done viewing them....one has a hard time understanding why you felt this is the case when you sound quite focused on not only following this quest lines situation point for point, that you would also have read each dialogue box as it appeared
    (0)