Player
    Character
    Vanessa Zio
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Phasing of Idyllshire, is it a thing?

Quick question, I've heard people mentioning how Idyllshire is phased and becomes bigger by going throu the MSQ.
    Question is, is that like a real thing? I joined around patch 3.2/3 and I reached Idyllshire by patch 3.5 but when I got there it was already fully build and it never changed for me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ama Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Changes with the patches, not your MSQ status, it is likely finished now.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It changed with patches as new content was added, it's not phased like they were saying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Violet Baudelaire
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 83
    Rev Toll went through the same thing in 2.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Andy Raven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They did the same thing with Mor Dhona as well, there was very little there at the start of 2.0 and slowly build up all the way to what is now at 3.0. surely they will be a new zone with similar concept when stormblood hits. It will be the new "go to area" as MorDhona was at one point, and Idyllshire is now
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    The only phasing that I'm aware of is the beastmen phasing. There are issues with phasing, so one has to be careful with it being too abundant.. but I do like me some phasing. It is fun to see "MY" work have effect, and not just be thrust changes at interval (would rather have changes at interval than no changes, but would prefer /my/ changes over at interval lol).

With some server one time content being an exception, like good expansion/dungeon release breaking the gates down fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mako Hext
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    There's some phasing along Alexander's bubble in the Hinterlands. Before you start the questline, you'll see oddly shaped rock formations stuck in the bubble at various points. As you progress, you'll notice that those rock formations are replaced by parts of Alexander's body. Was pretty awesome to see back when I was doing the questline so long ago.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by kattzkitti View Post
    There's some phasing along Alexander's bubble in the Hinterlands. Before you start the questline, you'll see oddly shaped rock formations stuck in the bubble at various points. As you progress, you'll notice that those rock formations are replaced by parts of Alexander's body. Was pretty awesome to see back when I was doing the questline so long ago.
    Also the change in colour of the bubble once you complete the storyline.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleutia Stormdancer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Yes, Idyllshire changed pretty dramatically from 3.0 to 3.5.

In 3.0 it was nothing but ruins and empty space, and it was a lot smaller than it is today.
    Over patches, more islands were "pulled up" and fastened to it, and buildings began to appear.
    I really regret not tracking all the changes over time on this - something to put on my to-do list for Stormblood!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Both Idyllshire (for 3.x) and Revenant's Toll (for 2.x) were expanded upon considerably. However, as people have pointed out this happened with patches, not individual progression.

If you would like to see some screenshots of the growth of both, they have been tracked in the Lore forums. Revenant's Toll thread, Idyllshire thread.
    With Idyllshire, we were prepared for what would happen and so the changes have been tracked a lot more thoroughly than for the first few phases of Revenant's Toll.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast