Player
    Character
    Leinas Kroma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60

Is selling a solo-FC against the terms of service?

I have an alt-account in a JAP datacenter and if the NA servers' relocation will give me a decent Ping I think I'll move that account on a NA server.

I have a solo FC (I'm the only player in it since... 5 minutes after its creation) and I ranked up till Rank 6.
    Before I transfer to NA server I would like to know if I can sell it with no problem (for gils obviously).

And if it is legal, what's the best way to do it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Yukino
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 86
    I haven't seen any discussion about if this is explicitly allowed or not. If it comes with a house, then that might be problematic by itself, but if your solo FC does not have a house, then maybe not a problem?

I say this because we know house-selling is against the rules. Given the value of a house by itself, I'd imagine that when selling an FC that had a house, the fact that it comes with a house would probably make up for most of the value of the FC.

However, FCs, unlike houses, are basically unlimited. If you want to make an FC, you don't have to hunt down an open slot or anything and there's apparently no limit on how many FCs a server can have. This alone means that by trying to sell your FC, you aren't preventing someone from creating their own if they choose not to buy from you (or anyone else selling an FC). I'd think that the player community and GMs wouldn't bat an eye at you for selling a house-less FC.

That said, similar to selling houses, there's not official in-game mechanism for selling an FC. This means that you're open to being scammed and that the buyer has no guarantee that you aren't trying to scam them. I'd think that if you're the victim of a FC selling scam, there's probably not much the GMs would do for you. If it turned out FC selling was against the rules and you went to the GM as a victim... well that could potentially get both the buyer and seller in trouble.

Granted, since you'd be leaving the server in this case and wouldn't be able to take the FC with you anyway, if a buyer were to take your FC without paying it wouldn't be that much of a loss as that would put you in a similar situation to if FC selling was actually against the rules.

I'd also like to add that I've noticed at times where it seems gil-farming bots in tiny randomly-named FCs. I can only imagine the reason for putting bots in an FC is to level up an FC that would later be sold to generate even more gil for the bot owner. If the GMs are tracking this sort of behavior, then selling an FC might potentially cause someone to investigate your account to see if you're a botter/gil seller.

Edit: I'd rather not necro the thread by posting a reply to the 10th post, but the best information does indeed point to any form of house-selling being against the ToS. See: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...to-this-thread
    (0)
    Last edited by -BlueGreen-; 06-09-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leinas Kroma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Ty for the reply, I thought almost the same and I don't have any house int that FC so I hope it shouldn't cast any issue.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Nope it isn't. I have one main Solo FC just for the space, airships, ect. Been asked o sell it. My alternate fixes it and sells it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    As long as you sell it for ingame money and with no relation to real world whatsoever, I don't see why it shouldn't be legal. You put time and effort into it, leveling it up a couple ranks, some other people might pay you to spare them that work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I don't think selling a solo-FC without a housing plot attached to it for gil is against the ToS. Just remember that if you plan to transfer, there's only so much gil you can take with you when you do. I know there's been talk about removing the gil limit for transfers to certain servers, but that hasn't been confirmed that it will definitely be implemented yet. So that's something to think about.

You can only take a maximum of 1,000,000 gil with you on your person, and 800,000 gil per retainer, when you transfer.
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Nope but don't expect much for it. If it's just Rank 6 which is something a few could do in a few days.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leinas Kroma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    You can only take a maximum of 1,000,000 gil with you on your person, and 800,000 gil per retainer, when you transfer.
    I'll buy some items like useless materias, Allagan pieces and other Item I think that could be expensive in the other server,
    but ty for the advice on retainer gils cap, I knew only the character one.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Arcainess View Post
    Nope but don't expect much for it. If it's just Rank 6 which is something a few could do in a few days.
    To reach rank6 all alone I spent about 2 month in GC delivery @.@
    I doubt another solo player can reach it in few days.

I hope to get 500k / 1000k fot it, but maybe I'm asking too much :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    In terms of price, it really depends on when you sell it.

Two days from the new housing ward unlock? 1mil is peanuts since people might be in a rush to get a FC with housing privilege

Trying to sell an FC now? Good luck, people can build up a rank 6 FC in no time with a lot of grind (GC delivery, hunts, etc.)
    (1)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Geologo View Post
    I'll buy some items like useless materias, Allagan pieces and other Item I think that could be expensive in the other server,
    but ty for the advice on retainer gils cap, I knew only the character one.

To reach rank6 all alone I spent about 2 month in GC delivery @.@
    I doubt another solo player can reach it in few days.

I hope to get 500k / 1000k fot it, but maybe I'm asking too much :/
    I just leveled my new FC from rank 1 to 6, it took just four hours to do, by myself. Granted, to do it this fast you need to be a Lv60 Craft, I am Carpenter mainly and it is what i use to level them cheap and quick (made four in the past month).

As an example if your interested, I make Spruce lumber (buy it if its cheap) first, you need about 360, then make 720 Horn glue (buy the aldgoat horn from kabold beast tribe, 21k for 99). What you want to make is Spruce Plank HQ and take them to Mor Dhona craft exchange and get Artisan gear (iLv70 green), then trade in this gear to your GC for credits. But first, I recommend you get a set of "Priority Seal Allowance" tokens from your Adventurer squad mission, and activate it, as this will boost your seals gained and your credits earned, from this I get about 90k fc credits just over the 84k required for rank 6. Cheap to make, and will make you some profit in just the GC seals.

And no, it isn't against the ToS to sell either a plot or an FC with or without one for in-game Gil.
    (1)