Player
    Character
    Saeko Naut
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70

Alchemy Reform

I'd really like to know whats going on with this & what the community is looking for regarding Alchemy. ^^ my thoughts on this or things Id like to see...

-Clusters>Crystals>Shards-

I believe they will keep the breaking down of these about the same just different recipes. I really like this aspect of Alchemy, so I hope that it stays.

-Items/Potions-

I don't know about the rest of you, but every Final Fantasy game I ever played I found myself using these ALL the time (FFXI is the exeption for me where I only ever found myself poping Megaelixers for solo BCNM or Wings for stuff like KV or Bv2). I feel these need to make a strong comeback in FFXIV, so we can recapture more of that FF feel.

(May only carry x12 of any item "In Your Pouch" at a time. Can only use items/food out of your pouch. Something is needed to separate the ability to use in the field vs crafting a bunch to sell. Something like not being able to add items to your pouch while you/PT members are engaged or while you/PT have enmity on any target)

-20 to 30 sec Linked Cooldown-

Chocobo Down Remedy - Removes Heavy
    Treant Root Remedy - Removes Bind
    Funguar Shriek Remedy - Removes Sleep
    Aurelia Kiss Remedy - Removes Poison
    Coeurl Eye Remedy - Removes Blind
    Pixie Tongue Remedy - Removes Silence
    Wyvern Skin Remedy - Removes Petrification
    Cactuar Foot Remedy - Removes Slow

-Lasts 3min +5 to +10 resist & they don't stack-

Ice Veil Booster - +Ice Resist
    Wind Veil Booster - +Wind Resist
    Fire Veil Booster - +Fire Resist
    Earth Veil Booster - +Earth Resist
    Lightning Veil Booster - +Lightning Resist
    Water Veil Booster - +Water Resist

-Linked Cooldown 20 to 30 sec-

r10+ Potion = 100HP
    r30+ Hi-Potion = 200HP
    r50+ X-Potion = 300HP

r10+ Ether = 75MP
    r30+ Hi-Ether = 150MP
    r50+ X-Ether = 225MP

r10+ Elixir = 50HP/50MP
    r30+ Hi-Elixir = 100HP/75MP
    r50+ X-Elixir = 200HP/100MP

-30 min Cooldown-

r30+ Phoenix Down = Reraise 1 effect same as getting an R1

-30 min Linked Cooldown-

r30+ Icarus Wing = 1000TP
    r50+ Daeudalus Wing = 2000TP

Any adjustments should all focus on keeping these from being abused, but still powerful enough for people to want to use them on a regular basis.

-Materia Fuse/Defuse-

The concept came from my friend Dao Sama about 1-2 months ago & this write up is my attempt at making it work :P

Combining and breaking down tiers of materia ^^. I pretty much npc/toss all tier 1, 2 & NQ3 materia, so this would be a great way to put them to use & give more incentive for lower lvl players to Meld & sell materia.

Fuse (Can only Fuse together matching Materia. Each Fuse has a chance to random HQ)
    Tier 1 + Tier 1 = Tier 2
    Tier 1 + Tier 2 = Tier 3
    Tier 1 + Tier 3 = Tier 4
    Tier 2 + Tier 2 = Tier 4

Defuse (All Defused Materia will result in matching NQ lower tier)
    Tier 4 = Tier 3
    Tier 3 = Tier 2
    Tier 2 = Tier 1

Colors of Materia & Cluster/Crystal/Shard usage in recipes

Fusing will take X number of Crystals &/or Shards
    Defusing will take X number of Clusters

STR = Fire, Dex = WIND , VIT = Earth, MND = Water, INT = LIGHTNING, PIE = ICE

White = Matching Attribute for Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Black = Matching Element for Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Purple = Requires Lightning Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Blue = Requires Water Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Green = Requires Wind Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Red = Requires Fire Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Light Blue = Requires Ice Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Yellow = Requires Earth Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Orange = Requires 0/No/None Cluster/Crystal/Shard

Example - Tier 1 STR materia + Tier 3 STR materia + 6 Fire Crystals = Tier 4 STR Materia
    - Tier 4 Manaflight Materia + 1 Water Cluster = Tier 3 Manaflight Materia

Using Clusters to Defuse is a great way to avoid too much abuse. Orange materia has less effect than all the others, so fusing & defusing them without any Cluster/Crystal/Shards is ok. These are all recipes, so they have a chance to break. You could also swap Clusters used with Fusing & Crystals/Shards used for Defusing.

-Enhancing Weapons-

Alchemy doesnt get to attach materia to enhanced weapons. The original craft still retains the ability to attach materia to the newly enhanced weapon. Alchemist should only do the repairs to these weapons.

Toxins used for throwing at enemies & enhancing certain weapons

Blind Pot
    Slow Pot
    Paralyze Pot
    Poison Pot
    Whatever else you want to add or combine together like Disabling Pot = Paralyze/Poison

Example of enhancing a weapon

Cobalt Claws r49
    Damage 117 Blunt 100%
    Attack Power 8
    Delay 3.2s Number Of Attacks 2

After Recipe Cobalt Claws + Paralyze Pot + 4 Earth Crystal

Paralyzing Cobalt Claws r49
    Damage 110 Blunt 100%
    Attack Power 8 Additional Effect: Paralyze (Chance to inflict)
    Delay 3.0s Number Of Attacks 2

Enhancing weapons should lower its base DMG & Delay in exchange for the Added Effect.
    The effects of the Pots & Enhanced Weapons shouldnt be better than the casted versions of the same effects if they put them back into the game.

Hope you enjoyed my 2 cents ^^ & keep up the good work Yoshi/TeamFFXIV

PS sorry in advance if any of this was posted before. I tried a few searches, but didnt find anything.
    (33)

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yes, yes and yes!

You can take my 2 cents as well, and maybe it'll be enough to get some attention.

My only suggestion would be, I wish they have a functioning weapon poisoning system in the game. Where you just apply the poison directly to the weapon and it gains that effect for 30 minutes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    The only thing I can disagree with is Ether and Elixir. The cooldown on those should be set to about 2 mins, imo. Or else they can easily be spammed and those regenerating MP actions that CNJ and THM have would be rendered useless to somebody with stacks of Ether and Elixirs.

Everything else seems pretty good, imo. Hell, Personally I think (didn't read it all. not sure if it was mentioned) that Alchemist should get a job like the fighting and magic classes are. It should become a Chemist and assist in battle by throwing items out to allies to heal and buff them. Perhaps some of the skills can involve making an item on the spot (wouldn't take nearly as long as crafting) and throwing it to its target. Being a Chemist could also gives items enhanced effects, such as 50% more HP gets healed when throwing potions, 25% extra MP gets restored if you follow an Ether throw after a Potion throw (combo system).
    (3)

Player

very good stuff, and exactly what I would like to see from Alchemist.

I would add:
    STR Pots
    VIT Pot
    etc
    Att Pot
    Def Pot
    etc

For materia I would add a method to create the mixed attribute materia by combining the appropriate materia of the same tier.

I would mate the items like paralyze enhancements temporary salves, aka 5-10 minutes without cool down between use, to use during fights.
    (1)
    Last edited by WillRiker; 12-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Saeko Naut
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by normalforce View Post
    Yes, yes and yes!

You can take my 2 cents as well, and maybe it'll be enough to get some attention.

My only suggestion would be, I wish they have a functioning weapon poisoning system in the game. Where you just apply the poison directly to the weapon and it gains that effect for 30 minutes.
    I like this idea alot more than my own ^^. It would be alot less work for the devs to create & would make it a great long term consumable craft for Alchemists to make gil off of.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Saeko Naut
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeMan View Post
    The only thing I can disagree with is Ether and Elixir. The cooldown on those should be set to about 2 mins, imo. Or else they can easily be spammed and those regenerating MP actions that CNJ and THM have would be rendered useless to somebody with stacks of Ether and Elixirs.

Everything else seems pretty good, imo. Hell, Personally I think (didn't read it all. not sure if it was mentioned) that Alchemist should get a job like the fighting and magic classes are. It should become a Chemist and assist in battle by throwing items out to allies to heal and buff them. Perhaps some of the skills can involve making an item on the spot (wouldn't take nearly as long as crafting) and throwing it to its target. Being a Chemist could also gives items enhanced effects, such as 50% more HP gets healed when throwing potions, 25% extra MP gets restored if you follow an Ether throw after a Potion throw (combo system).
    Maybe make it so your pouch can only hold 1 of the 3 types? Potion, Ether or Elixir. After looking at the cooldown of the MP ones again I can see what you mean by someone having access to & spamming x12 Ether & x12 Elixir with that short cooldown, so yeah I agree it needs to be increased or the amount of MP decreased. Once engaged though you cannot access anymore than x12 during a boss fight & even in Strongholds someone pretty much always has agro on something.

I don't want to see them spammed/used as a primary means, but at the same time I want them there when it counts with enough juice to make it worth doing & also for that FF feel. I really do miss the whole poping items thing mid fights XP, so I'm sure a balance of multiple types of items can be achieved.

I don't see Alchemist fighting at all, but I do like the whole poping an item inside a combo for an additional % or maybe even turns said item into an AoE :P. Good stuff ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySaeko View Post
    Maybe make it so your pouch can only hold 1 of the 3 types? Potion, Ether or Elixir. After looking at the cooldown of the MP ones again I can see what you mean by someone having access to & spamming x12 Ether & x12 Elixir with that short cooldown, so yeah I agree it needs to be increased or the amount of MP decreased. Once engaged though you cannot access anymore than x12 during a boss fight & even in Strongholds someone pretty much always has agro on something.

I don't want to see them spammed/used as a primary means, but at the same time I want them there when it counts with enough juice to make it worth doing & also for that FF feel. I really do miss the whole poping items thing mid fights XP, so I'm sure a balance of multiple types of items can be achieved.

I don't see Alchemist fighting at all, but I do like the whole poping an item inside a combo for an additional % or maybe even turns said item into an AoE :P. Good stuff ^^
    That's actually a good idea. Short cooldown and limited supply can balance each other out. Maybe not into battle, but as a support class....or...dare I say, as a sub job! Getting it to a certain level can unlock abilities for other classes given you equip the Alchemist subjob. Let's not dwell into that though, haha.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enyae Demetra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySaeko View Post

I never did like how in FFXI and FFXIV the base potions and ethers were practical useless. At least FFXI had Max-Potions and Pro-Ethers so you could recover a decent amount. I think a 20 or 30 sec cooldown for potions is just fine.

Actually, 45 seconds to a minute might be better, around the same recast time as Second Wind. But I'd also expect Potions and Ethers to recover more of your HP and MP as well.

That and HP/MP regen drinks would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramiel Zeruel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 52
    yeah....lvl 50 alc and all i do is play with fish and crystals.....potions would be nice
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    The price of Ether/Elixirs would make me believe they would not be spammed and used sparingly.

Some very good ideas, hope Alchemist doesnt get dumped on!
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast