Thread: Alchemy Reform

Player
    Character
    Madruk Darkrune
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Five minute recast on 50 mp ethers pretty much says you can't get that much more dumped on.

Anything would be an improvement at this point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    High Potion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    good ideas, i'd also like it if they let ALC to be the only class that can desynth and produce the base element of that item/gear

for example :
    CRP grind on making ALOT of masks, instead of NPCing them or flooding the market, ALCs can take em and desynth them, and produce the Log or Lumber that was used (with low% success rate, to not flood the market with lumbers again)

at least ALC will not be only about making shards and glue
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    It has promise, but a few notes:

Quote Originally Posted by LadySaeko View Post
    Dex = WIND , INT = LIGHTNING, PIE = ICE
    I'm pretty sure you meant: Dex = LIGHTNING , INT = ICE, PIE = WIND

Quote Originally Posted by LadySaeko View Post
    White = Matching Attribute for Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Black = Matching Element for Cluster/Crystal/Shard
    Its not as cut and dry as this every time.
    Ex: Are you suggesting a materia that offers both STR and VIT requires both clusters to diffuse?
    (0)

Player

all sounds good to me. but i would change the amout a potion restores seems 300 for a r50, is not going to do much either make it give back more. or maybe give back a percentage of max HP. (i understand it should not be anywhere near as useful as a healer but it needs to be worth something )
    (1)
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Player
    Character
    Sponge Bob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think most of the potion's you listed would be useless and would be just used to grind exp on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    The remedies like Throat Drops to cure silence are present via Grand Company seals. But as you say, more crafting options in the reform. And for alchemist goods to be worth buying.

Potion and ether should share a cooldown for balance reasons. Generate no threat. A mage would have a choice of healing up that stray hit or gather the MP for the last stretch of battle.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Angry Nixon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    These are all great suggestions. I'm a big fan of the Materia fusing system (which has been suggested before but w/e).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Saeko Naut
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    It has promise, but a few notes:

I'm pretty sure you meant: Dex = LIGHTNING , INT = ICE, PIE = WIND

Its not as cut and dry as this every time.
    Ex: Are you suggesting a materia that offers both STR and VIT requires both clusters to diffuse?
    From the new reform of THM-Black Mage it looks like Lightning/Ice is gona be the boss again lol, so I just kinda went off that & gave Lightning to INT :P. Now that Im thinking about it Puglist-Monk is getting Wind as it's top element, so my accidental placement of Wind w/ DEX makes more sense to me now ^^.

Can really make them whatever you want atm in this game. This was just for the purpose of making all the crafting recipes for the materia fall into place and make some sense. I suppose you can do x1 Fire Cluster & x1 Earth Cluster for that materia or if x2 clusters are too much you can just use x1 Fire Cluster ^^ just use the 1st Attribute in each of the 6 materia that are like that even though I believe some begin with the same Attribute.

I really didn't spend much time putting it together, but the idea was in my head thanks to my friend for awhile. It crossed my mind yesterday & I just felt the need to put something together around it ^^.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Yes please! Give me something worth making, and make it something consumable... I got my alch to 40 and realize that there wasn't anything useful worth making so I gave up... Ok, crystals, but whatever...

Player
    Character
    Saeko Naut
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNixon View Post
    These are all great suggestions. I'm a big fan of the Materia fusing system (which has been suggested before but w/e).
    I figured it had been tossed around before by multiple people, but I couldnt find anything on it on these forums. This idea/concept of adding materia together through Alchemy recipes was my friends idea (Hes the 1st/only one Ive heard it from & it was a bit after Materia was released) & that thought poped into my head again yesterday, so I just felt that need to put it to paper because I was bored :P. I'm sure this idea can be implemented in one way or another with a far better layout than the one I came up with in 20min.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast