Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Korihu View Post
    Yeah but I feel like mounts tend to be more popular. Though that may be bias since I like mounts.

I'm not saying that it's an excuse for not having rotation, I was just saying that the mount is why i think that Shatter keeps on popping over and over again.
    The second part was more directed at the devs and the player base in general and not necessarily only at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shut View Post
    I had my best game in seals rock back in the days. If I can see again better strategic call than just "CRYSTAAAALLL!!!! <se.1>", I'll upvote anything that could bring it back.
    My best PvP memories has been from Seal Rock. Have witnessed some amazing comebacks. It happened more than once that the team in 3rd place with over 350 points behind the leaders manage to turn the whole match around and win. The random spawn times for the tomeliths will always keep you on your toes. A good defence helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shut View Post
    While waiting for this to be added, you can still try the hours past reset to queue only for shatter/secure, you can drag lots of people doing roulettes that way. A few month before SB, I managed to make pop some 72 man slaughter with "decent" queue times that way X). (I was probably not the only one doing that tho)
    I have been doing this for quite time but for Seize/Secure instead. Happens very rarely that the Duty Finder manage to pop with this method. At least for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by OskarXCI; 07-06-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aira Comet
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Toss shatter into the deepest depths of hell, and let that ¤%&# ice melt in eternal brimstone, and lets never talk about shatter again.

No, seriously, shatter is the worst frontline mode by a friggin mile. Please delete it. Do people even release there are other maps?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OskarXCI View Post
    The second part was more directed at the devs and the player base in general and not necessarily only at you.
    Ah i gotcha, hard to get the feel for words through text sometimes haha.
    (0)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    "BIG ICE <se.1>"
    "BIG ICE <se.1>"
    "BIG ICE <se.1>"
    *destroys ice. We are 800/1200/1500*
    "BASE"
    "BASE"
    "WTF BASE"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Hollow
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I really dislike shatter, personally but whenever a new PVP mode gets released all other PVP modes get ignored. My favorite is secure and seal rock, but I never get a chance to do them unless I wanna wait 30+ minutes because everyone is queing for shatter because that's the newest and fastest way to get into PVP. I don't like doing the same map, over and over again personally. I like variety in my PVP which is why even though it's mostly an aesthetic sense I love the forest map you guys added to the feast.

Why not rotate a frontline map that has a low participation rate weekly, and make it give bonus rewards. EXP, wolf marks for glamours, anything to incentivize people to actually to do other modes of PVP. Because atm with 30 + minutes ques for seal rock and secure there's literately no reason for anyone to do those outside of liking the mode or trying to get seal rock wins for field commander set, which is hard for new players to do because of que times.

Come 4.1 with whatever PVP frontline map you guys are cooking up will kill shatter. Then we'll have basically instant ques for the new map and have 30+ minute ques for 3 other viable PVP maps. Good luck to new players trying to get white ADS mount, or the field commander set in that scenario. These kinds of adjustments may not be feasible but I do think we need some way to shuffle players between maps for new players and veterans alike.
    (1)
    Last edited by AutumnsHollow; 07-06-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Player

I really hope there's some rotation implemented for Frontlines maps, and for the achievements to be retroactively applied to all Frontlines modes on top of it. Or hell, either one or the other. Queue times for anything that isn't Shatter are way too high.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fever Pitch
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I'm just worried that if they announce a new decent PvP frontline mode that everyone will still queue up for Shatter only because it's a braindead mode for PvE boyos. I would gladly do PvP to level my jobs but I simply cannot enjoy Shatter anymore. I would love some sort of weekly rotation or random map selection.

A way to shuffle between maps gives people the chance to get all the rewards/titles for each Frontline mode instead of making the previous mode's achievements almost impossible once that mode has lost it's relevancy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnsHollow View Post
    Come 4.1 with whatever PVP frontline map you guys are cooking up will kill shatter. Then we'll have basically instant ques for the new map and have 30+ minute ques for 3 other viable PVP maps. Good luck to new players trying to get white ADS mount, or the field commander set in that scenario. These kinds of adjustments may not be feasible but I do think we need some way to shuffle players between maps for new players and veterans alike.
    We were supposed to get the new PvP mode with 4.05, same patch as Omega Savage and The Lost Canals of Uznair but it got delayed to 4.1.

Since people are so concerned about queue times, it would be best to have as few queues as possible. The new PvP mode will be similar to Frontline but it will only be 2 teams against each other instead of 3

Let it only be 2 queues. One that rotate old Frontline maps daily (3 teams) and one for the new mode (2 teams). Add new achievements (that isn't map dependent) for both queues to make them both relevant or add rewards to existing achievements or both. Have a daily tomestone bonus for each queue similar to the Frontline roulette that we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feves View Post
    I would gladly do PvP to level my jobs but I simply cannot enjoy Shatter anymore. I would love some sort of weekly rotation or random map selection.
    Yes. My thoughts exactly. If we get some form of rotation, I would probably do PvP just as much as PvE if not more.
    (0)
    Last edited by OskarXCI; 07-08-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elaris Strywin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 75
    Yeah I'm tired of the constant Shatter pops while the other modes being so rare. I do queue for the other modes but the wait times for them... sometimes they don't pop so I too support this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I made a post about this in the thread for the next Live Letter. I doubt Yoshi-P get a lot of PvP questions, especially regarding Frontline, during Live Letters as a whole so hopefully my question will stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Strywin View Post
    Yeah I'm tired of the constant Shatter pops while the other modes being so rare. I do queue for the other modes but the wait times for them... sometimes they don't pop so I too support this.
    Thanks for posting.

Yeah, when you only queue for Seize and Secure, you get stuff like this:

(0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast