Player
    Character
    Xyno Edajos
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Let's make Frontlines great again! - Prep

So, Frontlines is active, mostly with people spamming shatter for light and many bots saccing themselves. It's something that'll pass eventually I'm sure. However, we have a bigger problem looming overhead. Seize and Shatter will soon share the same fate as Slaughter and Secure before it when Stormblood hits and old modes and objectives will be abandoned, That is, unless we that like these modes speak up to save them. And not just save them, but improve them. So let's toss around ideas, grievances, and everything else to save the fate of Frontlines!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Well we all have a different idea of what will make PVP better. I know I've said mine that are unpopular but here are some ideas to address my personal issues with frontlines specifically:

1. Change the RNG spawn system so the team in last place has an increased chance to get ice spawns near their base.

2. Change the node pattern in games like seize. Specifically my idea is this; B ranks spawn near bases, A ranks spawn further out, S ranks spawn in the middle.

3. Don't despawn pets every time you die.

4. Make taking bases more valuable/worthwhile and make them worth defending and increase the bonus if you have several. Random example, base control in shatter is what? 2 points a tick? Change it to 5-10 a tick for one base, 20-30 for two, and 40-50 if you manage to hold all three.

5. Smaller maps for 8v8v8 Frontlines.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The whole problem is the 3-way pvp system is kind of trash and they have to use pve rewards to get people to go.
    As it is now almost every match winds up with 2-teams deadlocked against each other while the 3rd just goes around freely getting objectives
    they would have to put in a lot of mechanisms to balance out the field to make an actual enjoyable pvp experience

pvp should be things like all 3 teams fighting over control of a single objective or set of objectives. Key word is control, not just breaking it.
    The reward should be skillful deployment across a map with set points and maintaining them. Not so much "oh look, an ice spawned next to our base so we win"

invading other teams bases for objectives is a good design too. They could easily make something where it rotates and it's like taking turns between 1 team being on defense while the other teams fight each other and the defenders to try and take the objective

The only frontline that really makes sense to me as a good pvp map is slaughter but it's also the simplest one. Just get in there and kill each other
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Spyder
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    The UI HUD stinks as well. I don't understand how you guys put up with it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Would like slaughter on seal rock and fields of glory
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitty Mcmeowington
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I feel like shatter should just disappear. The way the map is set up constantly puts the team at the bottom of the map at the greatest disadvantage.

Revive seal rock and bring up the level 50 maps up to current level.

Then just make frontlines just a roulette without choosing a map that way there's an even balance between all the maps played instead of one dying out because it's obsolete.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xyno Edajos
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Well, we could always ask that the updated FL maps be 1v1 instead of 3 ways. It seems like the recognize this and are designing futures maps like that? Sadly, I don't remember where it was said, so I can't provide the exact wording, so it's more a hope than anything. What else we got?
    (0)