Player
    Character
    Sir Steep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 35

I am unable to do the unlock Monk job quest even though Ive done all prerequisites

Thread name: I am unable to do the unlock Monk job quest even though Ive done all prerequisites
    Time: May 5, 2017 around 11:00PM EST
    Frequency: Ongoing
    World name: Cactuar
    Character name: Nastily Quick
    Retainer name: Heavensward
    NPC name: N/A
    Monster name: N/A
    Class/level: Pugilist/35 and Lancer/18 and Archer/22
    Party or solo: Solo
    Race: Hyur male
    In-game time: 10:45
    Area and coordinates: Ul Dah (X:9.5,Y:10.1)
    Housing: None
    Steps:
    1.I leveled Pugilist up to 35 and did all available Pugilist specific job quests.
    2.I leveled Lancer up to 18 and did all available Lancer specific job quests.
    3.I did all available main story quests.
    4.I have not been given the option to do the Monk quest even though I have already done all prerequisites.

Connection Specs
    •Type of internet connection/provider
    •Modem maker/model number: Century Link/C2000T
    Model Number of the PlayStation 4 You Are Using
    - Model Number: CUH-1215A
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    The quests at the pugilist guild are only available till level 30. After that you will be "transferred" to a other branch/npc. That npc I think his name is erik (don't count me on that one) is now up at the goldsmith guild in uldah. He will from now on be your person for leveling monk. (since it's from level 30 on a Job and not a class anymore). Have you checked if that quest is available at that npc?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Steep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 35
    Yes I tried talking to Erik but had no luck there either.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    You have to talk to Gagaruna who is behind the receptionist desk in the pugilist guild and starts both the pugilist and monk quest lines, and not Hamon who starts all but the first Pugilist quest. The quest is called, "Brother From Another Mother," and should be showing up in your recommendations list when in the zone if you haven't started it yet I think. He will then send you to Erik.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Steep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 35
    Yea talked to him too. Gagaruna just says "Ah, always a pleasure Nastily. Your deeds of late have brought much honor and recognition to the guild. We can all learn from your example. Aye, especially a certain individual in a position of authority who shall remain unnamed." The last quest on my quest log for pugilist is Lv. 30 Return of the Holyfist and the last Main Scenario Quest is Lv 16 Fire in the Gloom. The main quest Sylph Management also isnt showing for me even after going to Horizon to look for the quest npc. I started leveling Archer just to see If I will be allowed to make a bard when I reach level 30. I havent been able to test that one out yet though. But so far I know I cant do the Monk quest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talya Stormbreaker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Did you complete Return of the Holyfist?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talya Stormbreaker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Oh, it's because you haven't reached Sylph Management yet. You need to reach that in Main Scenario and complete it before you can pick up job quests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sir Steep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 35
    Yea I dont know why I cant even get Sylph Management. Or any Main Scenario quest past level 16 for that matter. Also, Ive done Return of Holyfist.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep2222 View Post
    Yea I dont know why I cant even get Sylph Management. Or any Main Scenario quest past level 16 for that matter. Also, Ive done Return of Holyfist.
    You can click on the last quest to see more details if you happen to be in the middle of the quest, and they almost always tell you where to go next there too or at least hint at it. E.g. Also, here's what mine says for the quest just past Fire in the Gloom, so it looks like you might need to talk to Mother Miounne in the Gridanian adventurer's guild. You have to progress the MSQ line in order to reach the level 20 quest Sylph Management which in turn lets you unlock jobs, so this is what you would need to do to get Monk.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 05-06-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sir Steep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 35
    You were right on the money. I missed the Call of the Desert. Thank you so much. I was going out of my mind trying to figure this out.
    (0)