Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    it kinda feels like they had an idea of making dungeons with all kinds of extra offshoot rooms on the sides to hide treasures or just mobs and then they sorta abandoned the idea and made the dungeons very linear all of a sudden... when you look at some of the early dungeon like sastasha nm and copperbell mines nm they are way more interesting than some of the later linear dungeons like antitower, hullbreaker hm ect.. anybody else feel like SE kinda just gave up on dungeon design?
    After running my first level 60 dungeon the day before the server move, I am going to have to fully disagree, sir. I still need to run a lot more lv60 dungeons though to compare them to some of my favorite 2.x dungeons.
    (1)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidel View Post
    If the devs stick some things in chests that the playerbase really wanted, like I dunno, the whole reason they're probably there, (tomestones), dungeon vouchers for some random item like PotD's or straight-up materia, then maybe then side corridors and optional areas would see frequent activity.

Back in 1.2x, the dungeons dropped several chests after the boss pending what prerequisites your group achieved. If I remember correctly, one chest only appeared if you opened every side-chest in the dungeon. There's an idea right there.
    I admit,

This would go a long ways towards that. I did check out the videos for the old dungeons and how they worked and I cannot deny that concept of bonus chests depending on how many optional objectives you achieved, along with the appropriate number of tomestones for those optional encounters would go a long ways to helping this matter.

I mean when you can gain an extra 50 tomestones in a dungeon that normally only gives 70 for just going the main route, you can expect a lot more deviation and reasons for people to explore the side areas.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elle Frilaix
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 69
    it is true the dungeons are basically a line now i'd like to see basically enemies from trash doing more things except being vanilla trash idk about added off shoot paths as most players just want to rush but maybe forks going different ways with different enemies but leading to the same outcome or perhaps different outcomes with mid boss being different or you choose your boss order to me overall i adore arr early design decisions and love the early dungeons there after 2.3 ish you fell into that sense of copy paste motif that's been around since then
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ramza Beoulve
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    If the dungeon layout was random each time (with a few pieces of the dungeon always in certain places as needed), like say the Diablo series, then that might work. I'm not sure if that is feasible for an MMO, but it would be cool if it was. Or at least one dungeon like that designed specially that way.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3