Player
    Character
    Lillith Maradeva
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    A couple more:

Some dialogue in the game gets a bit... heated. Might I get disqualified for a serious entry following it word for word?

Also, not all cutscenes are available from The Unending Journey. If I used an alternate source like Youtube for the base video without my character, would that be acceptable?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    A'rile Ormo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreCrest View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoIG9AFA1mw

here's a rough cut of my entry. I think I did a fairly good job, but with how quiet everything else is it feels very uncomfortable.
    I have reworked and finished my entry as such this video link is no longer available.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rail Tracer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LillithMaradeva View Post
    Also, not all cutscenes are available from The Unending Journey. If I used an alternate source like Youtube for the base video without my character, would that be acceptable?
    They were okay with this for the last dubbing contest; I assume they'd be okay with it for this one.
    (0)

Greetings, voice actors of Eorzea!

Luxpheras here to answer some questions about the Heavensdub contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Albrecher View Post
    For a Serious entry, would I only voice characters within my range and leave other characters mute, or would I lend my voice to them as well?
    I know I'm going to enjoy working on the Comedy category, but what perplexes me is that face that we can only voice ONE character. Granted my range is fairly impressive, but this bothers me due to most of the scenes I plan on using being devoid of voices in there entirety. Will we be disqualified if we dub more than one character?
    To clarify, you are required to voice at least one character (for both Serious and Comedy entries), but you are welcome to voice more than one character from your chosen cutscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipachu View Post
    Hello!
    "We challenge you to select your favorite cutscene from 3.0 to 3.55" - Does this include any seasonal quest cutscenes that occurred during this time? Or do they need to be cutscenes from the Main Story?
    You may select any cutscene that took place between 3.0 and 3.55, whether it be the main scenario, a side quest, or a seasonal event quest.

Anotehr Question, Can we have friends who don't play join the contest as well or is it Exclusively for Players?
    All participants in this contest must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account for the North American region.

We're seeing some excellent entries so far and look forward to seeing (and hearing!) your best work!
    (1)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Remix Sakura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    Since "comedy category entries have free reign to create their own script," I wonder if the script I have in mind qualifies.

1) Would it be considered "offensive subject matter" and/or worthy of disqualification if the entry contains alcohol use, discussion of alcohol, and an obviously intoxicated character?

2) What if the script in my entry takes place before the 3.0 storyline, and refers to an event that takes place in the 2.0 storyline?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elaine Blacksail
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Are we allowed to use just a segment of a cutscene if it exceeds 3 minutes?

Are we allowed to leave original voices in for characters extra characters we can't voice?

I don't really understand the rules surrounding Dragonsong.. But if a cutscene contains a form of Dragonsong in the background would I be able to use it? or would I need to mute the music?

So many questions sorry! thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kale Mcchaffee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Shame I can't enter this.

The Warrior of Light Rises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAq...ature=youtu.be
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Binki Bowie
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Practice Post ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQQ...ature=youtu.be
    Title: Binki Bowie Doesn't Share

Character: Binki Bowie
    Server: Famfrit

In Game Item: Ahriman Choker please
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucas Angelini
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I wanted to try something new on the Heavensdub contest (Comedy) like adding a quick side story with MS-Paint drawings to connect with the cutscene along with the story. However, I was wondering if it qualifies on the contest or not?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meer'a Nishlah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60

Test Post

(0)
    Our memory of their faces is fuzzy, like an unidentifiable wad of fibers. -Anonymous Epitaph to the Warriors of Lint

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3