Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Heavensdub Contest (NA) - Discussion Thread

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the Heavensdub Contest and practice submitting your entries.

The full contest details and rules can be found here.

When you are ready to make your entry, please do so by posting in the appropriate entry thread:

Serious category / Comedy category
    (2)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lucas Angelini
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Do humorous sound effects such as a roaring belch count as inappropriate and may end up in disqualification and deleted?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jasper Jade
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    For the comedy entries, do the cutscenes have to play out as is, or is it okay to make cuts within it as long as they're from the same cutscene? I hope that makes sense...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pond Hollow
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO HAVE AN ACTIVE FINAL FANTASY XIV ACCOUNT FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN REGION AND ARE OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SQUARE ENIX, INC. (“SQUARE ENIX”) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS. RESIDENTS OF JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE CONTEST UNDER RULES APPLICABLE TO THOSE RESIDENTS’ JURISDICTIONS IF SQUARE ENIX OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE POSTED SUCH RULES.
    Is there any possibility eligibility could be open to people in other North American countries, such as Trinidad and Tobago?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_Angelini View Post
    Do humorous sound effects such as a roaring belch count as inappropriate and may end up in disqualification and deleted?
    For Comedy entries, the use of humorous sound effects is acceptable. However, keep in mind that each entry will be judged individually and may be disqualified if the judges determine an entry to be inappropriate. Please use your discretion and refer to the forum submission rules if you are unsure if a certain sound effect should be used. Please note that you must have full ownership of any sound effects used in your entry, as stated in the Official Contest Rules, Section 7: Original Work of Authorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper7 View Post
    For the comedy entries, do the cutscenes have to play out as is, or is it okay to make cuts within it as long as they're from the same cutscene? I hope that makes sense...
    It is acceptable to make cuts within a single cutscene for Serious or Comedy entries in order to keep the entry to 3 minutes or less.

We're looking forward to seeing all your entries! Please continue to use this thread to discuss the Heavensdub Contest and ask any questions you may have.
    (0)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Luminous Magia
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Hello!
    "We challenge you to select your favorite cutscene from 3.0 to 3.55" - Does this include any seasonal quest cutscenes that occurred during this time? Or do they need to be cutscenes from the Main Story?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albrecher Worldsgrip
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    For a Serious entry, would I only voice characters within my range and leave other characters mute, or would I lend my voice to them as well?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'rile Ormo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    I know I'm going to enjoy working on the Comedy category, but what perplexes me is that face that we can only voice ONE character. Granted my range is fairly impressive, but this bothers me due to most of the scenes I plan on using being devoid of voices in there entirety. Will we be disqualified if we dub more than one character?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albrecher Worldsgrip
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Also, another question I had, it says to stick to the script verbatim for a Serious entry. My question is, if it's an action scene, do I add in groans, grunts, et cetera?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'rile Ormo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoIG9AFA1mw

here's a rough cut of my entry. I think I did a fairly good job, but with how quiet everything else is it feels very uncomfortable.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast