Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Capriana Waterfall
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    As a tank, I used to always recom the healer in parties, but that was for lv 1-49 dungeons. After 49, you have to impress me to get my recom, usually a dps does a far better job than the healer and they get my recom. Just because you are performing your ROLE, doesn't mean auto recom, your role is a healer.

I don't expect thanks or recom simply for being a tank. You shouldn't either for just being a healer.

I think most people are like me, because on my SMN I usually get 2 recom per run, I have actually seen 3's as well even in PoTD. Something I have never since as a tank, 3 recoms.
    (1)
    PLEASE USE MY RECRUITMENT CODE: EMS22V2M

Player
    Character
    Lindsey Fletcher
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Usually run dungeons in a premade, but on the off chance I am going into a dungeon without any of the following

2x DPS slots open - Be the DPS which didn't think they are a tank
    1x Healer 1 DPS Open - Always the healer no matter what
    1x Tank 1 DPS Open - Tank

8 man content - 1 of the 2 healers, the off tank or the none suicidal dps
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tsilyi L'sombra
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    With regard to the 1x healer/1x tank and 1x dps open, always the healer or tank and never the dps? I suppose this doesn't include situations where the tank or healer are average or worse and the dps is excellent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I find the more I spam Holy and Assize, the more comms I get! ^_^
    (0)
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Player
    Character
    Lost Tales
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Nobody knows the mystery of why you aren't getting comms, it could be between the chair and the keyboard. I always get comms and I'm not even a healer or tank.

Are you a likeable person? were you popular in school? do you have many friends? do you even bother to say hello in party chat?

You can't just go through your ff life expecting people to reward you for showing up, do something important, do something noticeable, don't just bot your way through pressing 1-5 on your keyboard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Violet Baudelaire
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 83
    I once had a guildhest where one of the members asked for comms because they were close to one of the prizes. The mount I think. Comm begging automatically means you will not get my comm.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiroi Kitsune
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    When it comes to commendations I may do the following:
    1. Commend a healer if their understanding of DPS/healing balance is exceptional.
    2. Commend a tank if their DPS/is above average while keeping up with big pulls.
    3. If tank/healer are not that good, I commend the DPS who made the run faster.
    4. If all of them sucked I don't commend anyone else.

Note: I parse most of my dungeon runs and that allows me to be more objective with commending people.

I don't commend healers that:
    1. Have very low or zero DPS.

I don't commend tanks that:
    1. Don't know that tanks have a DPS stance and a tanking stance, and that they should optimize and use both.

I don't commend DPS that:
    1. Don't make an effort to push for higher numbers to make the run go faster.

And I take particular issue with healers that even when encouraged to DPS bring an endless list of excuses not to do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Last Dream
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I always get comms

I give them based on this

1. Outfit
    2. Race
    3. Skill
    (1)
    Don't forget to hug your favorite LALA!

Player
    Character
    Ika Yaki
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I usually do a fair amount of DPS while healing (probably about 50-70% of the time I am in cleric stance in a regular dungeon run)-- I honestly find the commendations to be random. There are times I carry the group hard, heal and DPS like crazy and do mechanics others are supposed to do and still receive nothing. There have also been times I have basically gone AFK mid dungeon or caused a wipe and have received all three (or four+ in eight-man content) commendations. I sometimes think people just give them randomly :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psycho Bunny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    For me as a healer main, I find it depends on the dungeon/trial and what I do. Trial roulette literally never any comms, as people tend to just leave the duty the moment it ends (guilty of that myself sometimes also).

I typically only give comms to people I feel deserve it, like a tank that pulls really big and gets us through a dungeon really fast. If I'm in 8 man and the other healer shows 0 for DPS on ACT then they absolutely will not get any from me. Healers that don't DPS I refuse to give comms to.
    (0)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast