Player
    Character
    Emilia Summers
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

It's that time again...ACCOUNT REGION nonsense

Heya, i was hoping the community team is able to see this as this is quite an important matter to me and probably others too.

The issue is, i'm having problems procuring the appropriate region of the game for my account region. My account region is EU/PAL REGION while the country i'm living at the moment is "SUPPORTED" in NA region.

Here comes the story..

Back in the initial launch of the FF14, SQEX did not provide us who lives outside of NA/EU/JAPAN with the option to choose the appropriate region and we were slapped with EU region instead.

So us, whom have started way early is unable to tweak such info i feel it is a disability for us.

But now, that my country is supported under NA Region.
    (I didn't realize my country is part of NA now )

I would like to request there be an option for those who now lives in different countries due to work/studies or player's countries who were not initially supported at launch be able to change their country and REGION.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Why would you want to change your region? It only affects the options you have available for buying future expansions, it has no impact on which servers you can play on etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Axel Heartnet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    If it's just a matter of server, there's nothing stopping you from changing from Primal or Aether to another Data Center. Just do it before character selection and you're good.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emilia Summers
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It's not about server issues. I didn't indicate anything about servers. What i wanted to say is that i have problems purchasing the correct version of the game for my account. Since my account is EU/PAL region while my country is listed under the NA region.

And i just asked a friend of mine, apparently i can just purchase it off from the EU store because there isn't any IP blocking. So i guess problem solved? #sad
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by seekified View Post
    Why would you want to change your region? It only affects the options you have available for buying future expansions, it has no impact on which servers you can play on etc.
    It's even more limited than that.
    Moving between different NA countries, I was unable to update my address properly. The address on your SE Account can't have it's country changed.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Corbec Russ
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I have moved from Australia to the US and SE has said they cannot change my region to NA, which is absurd
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emilia Summers
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Ok, small bit of update from the customer support team in EU. They said they could not do anything about this but they have put this up to their community team for more discussion on this matter.
    (0)