Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

[QOL IDEA] Multijob Queue

So, I've just had an idea about this. You know how when duty pops, if the job you queued as is different to the one you currently are it won't let you commence duty, this has left me thinking about an (I believe small) improvement that could be made. So instead of queueing as one job, you could queue as say maybe 3 (which could also make breaking the holy Trinity easier, but I digress).

For example when I want to do say Level 60 roulette, I am content doing any role, but atm I have to queue as one (usually queue as Paladin so I tank). What if I could queue as Paladin, Scholar, and Dragoon (as an example). I believe this would enable a quicker flow of queues as those who are simply happy to fill any role to do the content can simply... queue as one of each of the roles. Or let's say you want to play healer but are torn between the 3 healers. Why not be able to queue as all 3 and let a roll of the dice decide which you play as? I feel it would open a lot more opportunities and while 3 is an arbitrary number, I used it as an example. The actual number can vary (I do believe a minimum of 3 though to cover the trinity of options in the queue that is DPS, healer, and tank).

As for people who will just queue as healer and tank for quicker queue times but hate the job, well they do that already and while this system would allow more of it, there are already systems in place to deal with those who troll because they get the wrong role to the one they wanted. But I do not believe that the amount of people queueing as roles they don't want to do simply for improved queue times would grow significantly. Those who want to DPS, just queue as DPS anyway and are likely to use this to just queue as different DPS. But for those who are happy to do any role to fill a group, would now have the option.
    (29)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    J'talhdi Belhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    God I would love to be able to queue for more than one role at a time. It can sometimes be really trickly which is faster to queue as. A lot of times I am not fussy which Job I play. I just want to do the content.
    (7)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It'd help me cuz sometimes I get caught wondering what role I want to play for the day >.>;;
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'd rather a change that auto-changed you to the job you queued up for when the duty commences. So, that way I can, say, queue up for ex roulette on my level 60 job, then run FATEs on my lower level ones without worrying about being unable to change due to being in combat.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    I'd rather a change that auto-changed you to the job you queued up for when the duty commences. So, that way I can, say, queue up for ex roulette on my level 60 job, then run FATEs on my lower level ones without worrying about being unable to change due to being in combat.
    Personally I support that idea as well but it might be worth creating a new thread for your idea, since it is somewhat different to my own. Just so it doesn't get lost in this thread on the off-chance it gets popular. Plus it gives its own space for better discussion of your idea.
    (4)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Dys Topia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    It will all depend on the server load. If it is a burden the dev team might be reluctant to implement such idea. Specially now that there are cross server parties they have to be careful with servers. Not to mention the upcoming NA datacenter relocation and upgrade. But the idea is nice, I'd love to see something like that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Kiyoshi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Honestly I wish it just worked like Diadem for any instance, minus being able to switch to crafting classes. Keep the role requirements to queue for stuff, i.e. 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, but let everyone change freely once inside.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mel Az
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DaikiKiyoshi View Post
    Honestly I wish it just worked like Diadem for any instance, minus being able to switch to crafting classes. Keep the role requirements to queue for stuff, i.e. 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, but let everyone change freely once inside.
    This would also make it easier if someone leaves. Hey guys, I can just switch to tank and we carry on, instead of having to reque and wait for an eternity. There is albeit more DPS waiting to join any duty anyhow.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mako Hext
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Would be a nice feature, but I'd like to see filter options for matchmaking first. Stuff like "don't match with same healer type" and "don't match with shared loot pool" to make the experience a whole lot less frustrating. Nothing is worse than Scholar stacking in current raid content, you're effectively running with one and half healers. Then it sucks when you're trying to gear up one of your jobs, but have to fight for loot with this person who's supposed to be your teammate but is rolling Need on some <i50 piece when they're holding an i275 anima with full i270 Alexandrian.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    How though? Obviously when you queue as a tank, healer and dps in expert roulette the tank is going to queue 9.5/10 and for anything other than 24 man content where in those cases dps have faster queues
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast