Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I honestly feel silly wishing for buffs on SCH... LOL, but I agree Dissipation is one of those horribly niche skills that's just sitting there looking longingly at you from your hotbar. I like your suggestion, but also think it kinda defeats the original purpose of the skill, so I'm not surprised it got patched out.

Honestly, though, to make it more worthwhile, I think Dissipation should reset the CD timers on all fairy skills. It's way more powerful -perhaps concerningly so,- but at least the 30 secs without Lilly plus the massive MP cost and loss of Swiftcast would more or less be worth it to get two super WDs or two Fey Winds in a one minute span. Still situational, but now much more in line with the rest of SCH's tactical toolkit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
    The dream. I would even settle for them adding something like a level 70 skill. Call it Aetherical Transposition:

Your current fairy is sent away. The opposite fairy is summoned. Fairy cool downs are reset. If under the effect of dissipation, remove dissipation. Your next fairy cast is free and instant. Lolz <3
    Oh that would be soo good. It would even work with the Fairy swap opener if you needed beefier fairy regens off the start + Fey Wind.

I would gladly trade the Aether flow to make it just a swift fairy swap. How about if you get a buff depending on what fairy you swap to instead of always the healing buff.

Like if you swap Eos you get the healing buff and if you swap Selene you get increased cast speed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    For these various forms of fairy swapping, how do you balance for players using it as "Fairy is about to die, time to Dissipate and get a new one"?

(disclaimer, not at end game content, don't know how that concern is addressed either way)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    For these various forms of fairy swapping, how do you balance for players using it as "Fairy is about to die, time to Dissipate and get a new one"?

(disclaimer, not at end game content, don't know how that concern is addressed either way)
    Sounds more like a skill bonus... You can already dissipate a dying fairy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The Fairy doesn't typically die and there is already Swift Cast so I don't think that's something that would need to be balanced around.

As far as creator there's really only a handful of things that could kill the Fairy. Faust cleave, Refurbisher clear, Cruise Chaser crusher skill, 2nd EDD cleave, Alexander Divine Spear or Punishing Heat cleave. All can be avoided by placing the pet at the start of the fight.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I actually got called out as a bad player on Reddit for saying that I don't, & won't, use cheats like this. Apparently it's letting other players down by not using the system to your advantage.

People who exploit stuff like this are cheaters, pure & simple. They're gaining an unfair advantage by doing something that they shouldn't. I don't know how anyone can defend it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    I actually got called out as a bad player on Reddit for saying that I don't, & won't, use cheats like this. Apparently it's letting other players down by not using the system to your advantage.

People who exploit stuff like this are cheaters, pure & simple. They're gaining an unfair advantage by doing something that they shouldn't. I don't know how anyone can defend it.
    And the point just soared over your head. We are asking they adjust the skill and sanction it... not just bring the glitch back... seriously... lol?
    (2)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    first of all I haven't used any exploits in ff14 yet - cause I personally don't need them. that being said using an exploit in general is grey-zoned, its not cheating in its core meaning - its a game-design failure. you are not using a 3rd party tool nor you change any game files or code data. aside from that Schs in PVE gaining what kind of advantage in the end? It boosts the healer, if the healer is boosted the whole grp is boosted as well... so everybody gains the advantage in the end - win win situation. cause its an exploit and not a cheat itself - EVERY Sch ingame can use it the same way you don't have to be special skilled or smt like that - you just have to be aware that the glitch is around... pvp is another story, there it might be an advantage but even here... everybody can use it - can't see the advantage to be honest.

broken game-mechanics aren't the problem of the player base - its the devs prob to solve them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neela; 04-26-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    first of all I haven't used any exploits in ff14 yet - cause I personally don't need them. that being said using an exploit in general is grey-zoned, its not cheating in its core meaning
    ..... It is not remotely a gray area. The exact verbiage agreed to in the EULA is "In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay." You cannot play the game without agreeing to this.

People who use exploits and/or 3rd party cheats are taking advantage of a vulnerability in the system to make their character more powerful than the developers intended. Whether you do this manually or programmatically makes no difference.
    (3)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    hmm okay than SE backed themselves up compared to other online games - after all its just dumb to say we made a mistake and you will be punished if you use this mistake... morally it's still arguable to call you a cheater because you don't "cheat" - everything what is possible without a workaround or tool is not cheating at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neela; 04-26-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast