Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Voice Chat?

So, I was wondering why there is no voice chat. I mean, I can totally understand why an area public voice chat would be bad, but what about voice chats in small 4 man parties?

I have had a few problems when I get paired with first timers to dungeons and I am the only one who is talking. Sometimes, these new players run ahead and give me no time to stop and reply to their questions or give advice. As a WHM, I can't really stop to chat as it can cause death.

-cont-

I feel that voice chat in small parties would be a good idea. There would be a mute option right when you right click on names or if you click on your own, you can choose "mute all, press to talk, or voice activated." I feel this could help with parties when a mentor and novice join up. This would also be a cool idea where you could voice chat with friends across the server without a party. Maybe, if someone is being toxic, you could report them in voice chat and if a certain number reports them, they would lose the voice chat ability.

I am NOT talking about discord or stuff. I am talking about party chat with random people you don't know. Do one is going to take the time to add you on discord before going through dungeon.
    (2)
    Last edited by CryBloodwing; 04-23-2017 at 08:27 AM.

2. 04-23-2017 08:20 AM

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Because external voice chat will always be better, and the devs shouldnt waste time implementing a feature that wont be used by most people, since 3rd parties do it better. They also said they dont want to add it because then people would make it mandatory.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Reginaux Vannaire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    You can bypass the character limit by editing your original post.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Well, I agree with that, but what about when you are in a party with random people you don't know at all that need advice?
    (0)

Character
    Erik Mynhier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 74
    Get discord...

/endthread
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CryBloodwing View Post
    Well, I agree with that, but what about when you are in a party with random people you don't know at all that need advice?
    Most of the time, they dont even accept typed advice, and get mad at you for trying to help them. Voice chat would jsut devolve into people yelling at eachother over not paying the others subs or w/e the current excuse is for being bad
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Reginaux Vannaire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    You can always use the chat? If they are on PS4 without an USB keyboard, then... it's their fault.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMynhier View Post
    Get discord...

/endthread
    Except no one would take the time to add each other on discord before starting the dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    You can always use the chat? If they are on PS4 without an USB keyboard, then... it's their fault.
    And there is not always time to use chat. Especially when tanks never take a break.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jijifli Kokofli
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 55
    Except no one would take the time to add each other on discord before starting the dungeon.
    And no one would take the time to enter a built in chat room for the party, which could instead be spent killing.

Or is that different?
    (4)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast