Player
    Character
    Atticus Max
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70

Confused about storage now that I am a crafter

Decided to lvl my LTW so I started with skins turned into leather bought more stuff and I am having a blast.
    The problem is I am literally out of space on my inventory bags. Why can I not use the additional storage where all the key items and shards go? Such a waste!!
    Also do I have to keep putting the items in my retainers to free up storage and taking them out whenever I need something? That seems like a waste of time!! or can I store with retainers and just pull from there when crafting which I dont think would work.
    How do you guys manage this nightmare?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    So the game can make more money buy making you buy retainers, all jokes aside they will be adding inv space in the expansion that one section you speak of is for only rare items
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Moon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I do most of my crafting in front of a MB and a retainer bell lol. That way if I need something its right in front of me. Its annoying but you will get used to it. Eventually your 2 retainers will get filled with stuff and you'll need to make a decision. "Do I buy more retainers for two bucks a pop/ a month? Well, I blow way more on worse, f it" This was my reasoning. I have 4 retainers and have a comfortable amount of space to move stuff around. (plus with 4 retainers I have 1 hunter, a bot, a miner and a fisher. So for pesky mats or crystals, I just send them out for what I need )

PS eventually you will realize what mats aren't worth holding onto and what mats can be made on a need to use basis. I horded everything at first. Now my hording is selective lol
    (1)
    Last edited by Voltron_HD; 04-20-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Atticus Max
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltron_HD View Post

PS eventually you will realize what mats aren't worth holding onto and what mats can be made on a need to use basis. I horded everything at first. Now my hording is selective lol
    Thanks I thought that was going to be the eventuality
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raela Sarinelle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    A lot of the lower level items can be purchased from vendors, so they aren't worth holding on to.

Once you've leveled past others, they aren't really worth keeping. If I could, I'd save everything and anything.. but yeah, I've had to learn to be picky. I know my retainers will have to undergo a "great purge" when Stormsblood hits (which sucks when suddenly a few patches later, the current items require old dungeon drops that I've long offloaded.. arghhh)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    If you in an FC, could use a tab of the company chest to store materials. Faster to access that than retainers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The key items inventory, even if it looks like empty spaces in the game graphics, is not allocated storage space in the same way as your inventory slots are. It's more like "these items are not counted against your inventory slots and you can have as many as you need" but there is no reserved spots that are going to waste.
    (1)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    If you in an FC, could use a tab of the company chest to store materials. Faster to access that than retainers.
    If you are in a FC check out the stuff your FC vendor sells.

You can buy other stuff from other NPCs as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Oh I so wish you could craft from your retainer. I played MMOs before that let you craft from your bank and loved it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurea Kagon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    Oh I so wish you could craft from your retainer. I played MMOs before that let you craft from your bank and loved it.
    Can't be done. The game can't handle it. Each retainer uses up too much server space to constantly be accessible, which is why you need to summon them. The game loads your retainer when you summon them, and unloads them when you dismiss them. Your character has a snapshot of a retainer's inventory, which is why you can search for what you have, and the summons bell shows you basic info as well.
    (0)