Player
    Character
    Lilith Pendragon
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Venoshock View Post
    mitigation is mitigation, smarty pants. if you knew anything at all, which you obviously don't, you'd know One is insta cast, one isn't you'd use them differently depending on the situation. I've play AST in pvp, for over a year. You ain't even got your garo mounts yet lol.
    I usually don't do this, but im going to say you need to stop posting in this thread you officially some how not added any content to your post and its fairly long and some how proceeded to insult your own intelligence and my own. Reread your post and see if you actually rebutted anything i said. Seriously there's no way to respond to any of your individual statements.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khonor Murph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Your job is to keep people alive, if you don't want to do that, roll another class.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lilith Pendragon
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Your job is to keep people alive, if you don't want to do that, roll another class.
    I understand what my job is i do that well. Because of that job im supposed to do nothing else? Do tanks have that issue honestly?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Char Mae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemosynia View Post
    I usually don't do this, but im going to say you need to stop posting in this thread you officially some how not added any content to your post and its fairly long and some how proceeded to insult your own intelligence and my own. Reread your post and see if you actually rebutted anything i said. Seriously there's no way to respond to any of your individual statements.
    How have I insulted my intelligence at all? please provide examples.

You opened up this thread stating something rather absurd and ignorant considering your lodestone profile, you don't have anywhere near any significant experience in pvp. I >someone WITH significant experience in pvp< responded and told you were wrong and offered good advie on how you should play the job role in question. To which you responded with the ignorant and snarky remark;

So basically 2 warriors and a dragoon just said Nah you don't need to be able to defend your self at all.
    and i repsond accordingly reinforcing my original post, healers are there to heal. Instead of taking the advise multiple people have said on here about numerous things brought up, you continue to argue like you know it all when you so obviously don't and now you're playing victim??? why are you even here?
    (7)
    Last edited by Venoshock; 04-20-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khonor Murph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    What do you mean by "nothing else"? There is plenty you can do besides healing, it's just not damage.

If you get focused, just keeping yourself alive should be distracting enough tanks and dps that YOUR tanks and DPS can kill something else. That is the game, it's actually very well balanced team vs team. The imbalance in FFXIV PvP is the skill gap from person to person, not job to job.

If all things are equal (which you don't see often, maybe in 4v4 ranked feast in all Plat+ matches) then class imbalance can matter. Even in FL it's more organization, timing and teamwork than any 1 ability or skill being nerfed or overpowered.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Khonor Murph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    It's a delicate balance, but if you take away "dps" from a tank, why would they need to mitigate any dmg, who would attack them?

It's a lot deeper than most think or care to look into.
    (7)

Character
    Adrian Li
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    It's been like this since forever, don't really understand why you cry about it now. Want to do damage? Go dps, it's that easy.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Talya Stormbreaker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    This entry to the "Healing Horror Stories" thread sums up the OP's issue:

Tried out pvp on my astrologian, cleric stanced grayed out, move cursor read cleric stance is unavailable in pvp. Never entered in pvp again with my healer.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    "So why you guys making healers reliant on everyone else to get wins"

Cleric stance will not solve this for you. Especially when they'll gladly los you and do dumb overextends anyway forcing you to heal more, which means you spending less time in Cleric stance. You've got people from ranked here who have played anywhere betweeen hundreds and thousands of games here telling you why this won't work, if you're just going to refute every single example as to why this isn't the solution then I don't know why you'd even ask for a discussion when you just want self-validation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    R'lasha Nereshyl
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Cleric stance in PvP is something that is not needed. In the current modes, you frankly have no time to even set foot in Cleric Stance.

With even my limited time in the Feast, there is no time to toggle cleric stance. With people and jobs' burst that can kill a person in one or two GCDs, why would you enter it in the first place? Your team would die (if the other team knows what they're doing) in the time that Cleric Stance is able to be toggled off.

In Frontlines, you shouldn't be trying to DPS ice unless it's only your team around a big ice for example. This only happens when there's a double A pop. Especially with the 50% magic damage buff the ice has.

Not having Cleric Stance also removes much of the power that certain comps would have if they did. If we had Cleric Stance active, who's to say that we won't see full parties of WHMs spamming Holy at people trying to kill them? Every Holy would do 3k damage and only 4 of them would kill someone. It's Cometeor stacking but on GCD.

Cleric Stance is disabled to prevent cheese like that as well as making healers actually do their job and heal. Everyone expects a healer to heal, but if they just DPS, then they're not a healer, much like those healer bots in FL.
    (6)

Also known as Yukikaze Yumishi on Midgardsormr.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast