Player
    Character
    Azeneth Rose
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Guildhest issues

Not even sure if i should post this here or as a bug but i do the first one basic training and it dosent unlock the next is there a quest or something? Just curious trying to get everything unlocked and completed by Stormblood
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Are you haning it in properly? You can't exit through DF options, you may need to manually speak with the NPC to complete. (Not sure if leaving via DF is an option, just spitballin')
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azeneth Rose
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    yeah i have done it 5 or 6 times now and i leave through the battle warden
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I think more become available as you level up, rather than as an "a unlocks b that unlocks c" scenario. They have minimum levels attached so you may not have reached that level yet. They go up in 5 level increments with 2 hosts per level. You need to talk to the Battlewarden to unlock the later ones. If you're a Limsa person try the one in Swiftperch. The Ul'dah one is in Horizon & the Gridania one in Bentbranch Meadows.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I never needed to talk to the battlewarden. But they are gated by level. But, the Basic Training one is the first at level 10, so clearing it should unlock the next as long as you're level 10+ (which obviously you should be if you've got the first).

Are you running them unsynced, maybe? Dunno if that could prevent it from being counted as complete. If it's registering as complete, the image icon in the Duty Finder window for that 'hest should have a green check mark on it. If you've got the check mark and have run it synced with a party, I'd probably call bug.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faerynn Enia
    World
    Ixion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 15
    Hi all, sorry to hijack the topic slightly (it's still a guildhest issue) but the forums wouldn't let a new player post a new topic.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing it right: Trying to get a party for the very first guildhest on quest (Basic Training: Enemy Parties) and after multiple waits up to an hour, I find it curious that there are no other players needing to do this guildhest for the quest - I'm the only DPS in queue. Are there no new players needing to do this? As I understand it, if this quest is not completed, all guildhests hereafter are locked and that sounds like a bad experience.

Appreciate any advice or thoughts about this. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Welcome to the game phloopz! The thing about being a DPS is that there's a lot of them, so long wait times can be expected.
    Also this particular quest isn't the most popular. To top things off you might be trying at a particularly slow time of the day/night.

As a new player you may not know the nuances of the 'DF economy' so to speak. You'll find quicker queue times as a tank or healer class.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Eryna Stinorth
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by phloopz View Post
    Hi all, sorry to hijack the topic slightly (it's still a guildhest issue) but the forums wouldn't let a new player post a new topic.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing it right: Trying to get a party for the very first guildhest on quest (Basic Training: Enemy Parties) and after multiple waits up to an hour, I find it curious that there are no other players needing to do this guildhest for the quest - I'm the only DPS in queue. Are there no new players needing to do this? As I understand it, if this quest is not completed, all guildhests hereafter are locked and that sounds like a bad experience.

Appreciate any advice or thoughts about this. Thanks!
    Hi Faerynn! =^.^=

Did you queue with japanese language on?
    I had a hard time doing dungeons on JP servers because I was using duty finder with only EN language checked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faerynn Enia
    World
    Ixion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 15
    Thanks for the quick replies, Canadane and Eryna!

You are right! I just did some googling and realised I'm on a JP server. Will this affect gameplay? Seeing as how I am still quite early in the game (L16 main), should I start another character on an English-speaking server?

Thanks again for the help!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eryna Stinorth
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by phloopz View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies, Canadane and Eryna!

You are right! I just did some googling and realised I'm on a JP server. Will this affect gameplay? Seeing as how I am still quite early in the game (L16 main), should I start another character on an English-speaking server?

Thanks again for the help!
    If you don't speak japanese you might want to play on NA servers. Or play on Tonberry since it's the "international" japanese server.
    Btw, after relocation NA servers are in California so you'll probably have a good ping even if you live in Japan.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast