Player
    Character
    Tuya Kagon
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    Probably Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. In Japanese mythology they're Susano'o's siblings.

As for why Susano'o... well, he's typically portrayed in media as the "bad sibling" of the trio, since his domain is storms and he's kind of a jackass. Got kicked out of Heaven for it.
    Yeah his general tendency to wreck stuff does make him the perfect god to call upon to give the people threatening you a really bad day. Honestly, I'm more eager to interact with the Kjoin than their primal (not to say I'm not psyched about him to).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I noticed Yanxia there seems to be a settlement with rice paddies and an Aetheryte. It sounds like they've been turned into serfs under the Imperial administration since the failed revolt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noel Maimhov
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    hmmm, very nice

Red Mage lore isn't a surprise. We already know from the Lore Book how Ala Mhigo was founded by survivors of the great flood that fled to the Abalathian mountains before migrating into Gyr Abania. (I personally assumed them to be mostly of Amdapori descendant though)

I kinda like the unique name we'll get for the Omega raid in the German version, Deltametrie. Has a nice ring to it. Also there's some interesting info in the F/D/J text that's (once again) kinda missing in the English one: Allegedly Omega originates from outside of Hydaelyn's realm
    btw.: I guess the whole 'Bend of Time' thing simply refers to the stasis field Omega is kept in when deactivated
    (1)

Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    Ala Mhigans descendants of Mhachi confirmed? Statues that line "Shadow of Mhach" raids confirmed to be Rhalgr?

Samurai sounds more like Ronin in practice. Ehh... now I'm not sure if I want to bother leveling that or doing 4.0 during Early Access.
    Belah'dia was suppose to have been founded by the few survivors of Mhach, the population of Amadpour where suppose to have fled into Gyr Abania so Mhach should have very little to do with Al Mhigo
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss_Momo View Post
    Also there's some interesting info in the F/D/J text that's (once again) kinda missing in the English one: Allegedly Omega originates from outside of Hydaelyn's realm
    btw.: I guess the whole 'Bend of Time' thing simply refers to the stasis field Omega is kept in when deactivated
    Wasn't it specifically stated that the Allagans created Omega, though, in order to defeat and contain Bahamut? The Allagans didn't exist outside of Hydaelyn's realm, so why would their creation? Does this mean that the Omega we're fighting in the Rift is not the same Omega that we just recently activated to fight Shinryu? This is pretty confusing if it is the case.

Perhaps the Allagans FOUND Omega, and rebuilt/repurposed/enslaved it as a Primal hunter?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruruneji Seseneji
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by jameseoakes View Post
    Belah'dia was suppose to have been founded by the few survivors of Mhach, the population of Amadpour where suppose to have fled into Gyr Abania so Mhach should have very little to do with Al Mhigo
    If we go strictly by the lorebook, Bela'dia was founded by the lalafellin descendants of Mhach. But the statues in Mhach indicate there would have been highlanders present. And where do we happen to find Highlanders? Gyr abania.
    Mhach seemed to revere a highlander carrying an object looking like a comet, Rhalgr. All specuilation though. But what would a civilisation do if they belived in magic meteors and suddenly saw one in the sky after a catastrophy? I'd say they would see where it would go. From Yafaem to Gyr Abania one has to pass through the shroud. Rhalgr and ramuh shares strikingly similar details, especially when looking at the yet to be released Rhalgrs reach.

I have thoughts about the sudden change in Ala Mhigan accent when HW launched. It is northenr english yet all we have seen of gyr abania seems asian in style. The names of Highlanders are highly germanic with celtic/given surnames. The celtic language seems to have inspired Mhach with its much old english letter formations coupled with its apparent irish voidsent inhabiting.

English as we know it is roughly a mix of French and german from the 8th century which would make a northern english accent if two similar language mixed, like the Germanic Highland hyurs mixing their language with elezen french creating the common tongue spoken throughout eorzea. Im rambling now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Freyja Valkyrie
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    am i the only one who speculates the viceroy in doma is actually Yda who is being mind controlled (kind of like Terra). That place has ff6 vibes in it. Not to mention the expansions name Stormblood the first thing it makes me think of is a blood feud. In other words a fight between family.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilious Spina
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I am kind of ignorant when it comes to the lore in this game. What exactly is up with The Weeping City and all the Mhachi stuff? What caused it all to get abandoned? And same with Idylshire? I am just curious, I could look it up I suppose but figured I would throw a post in here. Being a Black Mage I just read all that Red Mage stuff and it got me to thinking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Samniel Atkascha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaj85 View Post
    I am kind of ignorant when it comes to the lore in this game. What exactly is up with The Weeping City and all the Mhachi stuff? What caused it all to get abandoned? And same with Idylshire? I am just curious, I could look it up I suppose but figured I would throw a post in here. Being a Black Mage I just read all that Red Mage stuff and it got me to thinking.
    TL;DR: Amdapor, Mhach and Nym were caught in a 3-way war and no one really won since they began to suck up so much aether that the elementals got mad, summoned Oha-Sok (The Elemental of Nihility) and caused a Calamity. From what we know, survivors from Mhach founded Belah'dia, which eventually led into the city-states of Ul'Dah and Sil'Dih; Amdapori retreated underground and eventually the Elementals allowed them back and founded Gridania, Nym straight up disappeared thanks to the Tonberry curse.

There's also this thread for more Mhachi stuff.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro--Tsubasa View Post
    am i the only one who speculates the viceroy in doma is actually Yda who is being mind controlled (kind of like Terra).
    I might believe that theory but
    Lyse states specifically that she saw her die iirc. If they never actually saw the body or just say... saw her fall to the ground while being surrounded by enemies I might believe it.

I'm going to have to agree with Rocl's theory that the viceroy is that female with the long pipe we see in the poster, I currently believe she is an imperial collaborator due to her clearly non-Garlean appearance but she could have the distinctive third eye underneath the bangs of her hair, the way she is in the image makes it impossible to tell one way or the other.

For those that don't know who I'm referring to, here's the poster, forgive my crudely drawn circle.

(1)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast