Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Gm Dorxenore

Talked to them in game after reporting someone doing nothing in Dun scaith

They sounded like they were reading from a script, even more so when I called them out on it, as well as ignoring me at the end.

[20:12][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> Hello Bacent Rekkes, I'm Gm Dorxenore. I see you placed a report about <removedname> for refusing to fully participate in the duty. Are you free and available to chat?
    [20:12]>> Gm Dorxenore: Yup
    [20:13][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> I just want to clarify a few things about the report you placed.
    [20:13]>> Gm Dorxenore: Sure thing
    [20:13][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> Did you place the report during or after the duty the incident took place?
    [20:13]>> Gm Dorxenore: after
    [20:14][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> Do you recall <removedname> say or do anything else that you might or not mentioned or provided in the report?
    [20:14]>> Gm Dorxenore: They did nothing at all
    [20:15][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> I understand how upsetting and frustrating it is to have players like <removedname> intentionally refusing to participate in the duty. That is very rude, disrespectful and a disruption of your own gameplay.
    [20:16][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> If you haven't placed <removedname> on the blacklist, you could do so by going to the Social Menu > Contacts and selecting the names of the players you wish to blacklist. This will show you the recent 50 players you have been in a party with. This method allows you to blacklist players from other servers within the same Data Center.
    [20:16]>> Gm Dorxenore: GMs should stop mentioning that at this point honestly
    [20:16][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> I have what I need to start the investigation against <removedname>. Before I take my leave would there be anything else that I could assist you with?
    [20:17]>> Gm Dorxenore: Why do you guys always sound like a script that caters to newbies?
    [20:17][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> What do you mean by that exactly?
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: Telling people how to blacklist people. Most people know how it works, yet you guys thought it was a good idea to allow cross server blacklisting, but not give us more space
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: And then every time I bring this up I just get told 'to remove gilbots from my blactlist'
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: As well as not being able to blacklist half the time due to 'player not found'
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: When that's literally on SE's fault
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: Telling people how to blacklist people. Most people know how it works, yet you guys thought it was a good idea to allow cross server blacklisting, but not give us more space
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: And then every time I bring this up I just get told 'to remove gilbots from my blactlist'
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: As well as not being able to blacklist half the time due to 'player not found'
    [20:18]>> Gm Dorxenore: When that's literally on SE's fault
    [20:19]>> Gm Dorxenore: I'm tired of being told the same stuff from a script from GMs to be very blunt. I'm painfully aware at this point.
    [20:19][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> It is our procedure to always inform players about the blacklisting feature. If you wish to have the blacklisting feature to be updated in a much better way please leave feedback on the official forums so that the development team can read your suggestion on how this can be improved.
    [20:20]>> Gm Dorxenore: I already did
    [20:20]>> Gm Dorxenore: So tell me what to do now that my thread goes ignored
    [20:20][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> I will be taking my leave as to start the investigation against <removedname>. It was my pleasure to have been of your assistance and I hope you have a grand and marvelous adventure on your journey. Farewell, Bacent Rekkes.
    [20:20][GM]Gm Dorxenore >> If you would like you can leave feedback regarding your GM contact by going to the official forums at https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv and going under English Forum > Feedback > Website Feedback and Suggestions.
    [20:20]>> Gm Dorxenore: And you're not listening. Thanks.

The moment a GM is busy typing up anything along the lines of 'I will be looking into this', they do not read anything you say past that point when I was clearly asking a question.

Honestly I find it very unappealing to report people at this point if GMs are only going to go by the same script again and again, and they show no personality at all at this point. They're more robotic at this point when they ALL repeat the same things again and again.

And for those wondering, this is the thread I made a bit over a month ago and mentioned to this GM that ignored that, that quickly died - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...o-matter-where
    (0)
    Last edited by Bacent; 04-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Portgas'd Ace'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Do you constantly report players everyday??? if so maybe thats why you are seeing that they may be "reading a script" when talking to you. You've probably become such a regular that they just go straight forward with you. If thats the case there shouldn't be anything for you to complain about.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSniper View Post
    Snip
    On average I report people every couple of weeks if they're actually hindering whatever group I happen to join. Also love how you ignore the fact that they ignore me towards the end and just a 'general reply' at the end of it. Don't ask 'is there anything else we can help with', when you give a copy/paste answer and don't bother actually seeing if the player says anything else.

Also have a look at this - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...0-Gm-Dorxenore

I'm not the only one that's had an issue with this GM. Heck, I've had multiple run ins with this GM over my years playing the game, and they're the only GM that always ends up leaving me a bit sour at the end of the conversation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Portgas'd Ace'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    snip
    Well did you ever think that maybe so many players place dumb reports and here you are reporting something that you could possibly have fixed yourself. Remember they have to handle thousands of players like yourself just reporting dumb stuff here and there. so what if he replies back in a robotic way? you placed the report and they will look into it. what do you want them to literally just sit there in front of you and pet you so you can be happy and do everything you want? No! Just be a human being and let it go stop crying about "omg he didnt listen to me, wahhhh!!!!" seriously players like you is what makes this game bad.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ery Star
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    There's not a whole lot a GM can do in that case I guess, but I agree telling people to just BList them is pretty useless.
    It doesn't make the problem (that person) go away. particularly in cases where worse things happen.

I had someone get into one of my LSs and spam gross/rude/racist things on FFXI, and would log off before anyone could kick them. I reported them 4 times, along with others reporting them, and they weren't even given a temporary ban or anything. All we were told to do was blacklist them.

but how does that solve the problem?
    how does that not make the whole linkshell look pretty embarrassing? what if families are playing with their young ones around who they don't want seeing that type of thing?
    Things should be done, and I'm also pretty tired of hearing "just black list them lol" cuz it does nothing to help this person stop being a douche to others or infecting any community.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Portgas'd Ace'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    honestly when ppl say "theres young ones here watch your language" it gets very annoying cause one, the game is rated teen. the young one shouldnt be on the game nor watching you play the game. also, this is the internet what do you expect? there is no filter in the internet other than the parental block and do you really believe they will do that to the game because you feel bad about the young person who shouldnt be playing or watching the game from seeing some harsh language they probably hear and see outside of the game cause idk..... THATS LIFE?!!!
    i get it they shouldnt be learning such language at a young age but it really is dumb to say there is young ones in the game when there shouldnt be any in the first place.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Portgas'd Ace'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Snip
    blacklisting helps a lot! you dont see their comment and you avoid any other harassment towards you. if other players dont want to blacklist the suspect then they are wanting that harassment to continue. also as ive been told by GMs as well they dont tell us want happens to the players we report and i understand the privacy policy and that BS but that doesnt mean they dont do anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ery Star
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    This isn't the only point I brought up though. (yes, i agree to an extent, kids shouldn't be watching the games if they're too young or the parent doesn't want them to see it, but it's still a point i've seen quite a few times.)

My main argument is the fact that people join the LS (or FC, or whatever) and get greeted with disgusting pedophilia stuff and racist comments, do you not think that looks bad? let alone that the person was unable to be kicked because they logged? Why is that kind of behavior ok and we should just tolerate it by Blisting them, instead of a GM actually reprimanding someone for doing something that isn't okay, and i'm pretty sure is against ToS?
    (or is it perfectly acceptable to be racist and say pedo comments?)

(will continue in a diff reply)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Portgas'd Ace'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    (will continue in a diff reply)
    I would like to continue this convo somewhere outside of the Forums. rather avoid having to say something very offensive and be banned here for speaking my believes. When ever you are online, shoot me a message. I have an alt on Balmung her name is Asuna Yumi.

BTW i enjoy having these type of convos with players, its always fun to politically argue a topic so share out differences which is why i rather continue outside of the forums. its best and safer for both of us, if you would like to continue of course.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    I see you placed a report about <removedname> for refusing to fully participate in the duty.
    ohgod...

And yeah, do you think they don't have scripts? They deal with the same kinds of conversations on a regular basis; of course they have scripts.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast