Player
    Character
    Krimson Hawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Rampant Frontlines Healer Bots

I'm on the Aether Data Center on Sargatanas. Every healer in frontlines with the last name Sharma is a bot; many people are already aware of this, however there are many more who aren't. This needs to be addressed, it's no fun joining a party where 2 of your party members are bots, and they're both healers to boot.

I'm fed up with trying to farm wins while constantly getting last place because of garbage bots. I don't know where else to take this post but considering it involves pvp, I thought this would be a good start.

Pointing out names is normally harassment, but I don't think that applies to bots - unless because it's 2017 we have bot rights activists; I wouldn't be surprised. Kidding with serious undertones aside, if something could be done about this - that'd be great.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Fahna Eldaeron
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I was in that same match with you. Even without the bots, I feel like much of the time players simply don't care enough to try. The rewards for simply being present for the short match make it too easy for folks to Leeroy Jenkins about the battlefield without regard to the objective. It's pure luck if you end up on a team that cares about trying their best. I haven't been able to think of a good solution to the problem yet. But yes, that whole bot thing is frustrating too. At least the underachievers have the potential to benefit the team, whereas the bots completely handicap the team.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Char Mae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    this is why i only run in premade teams and never queue solo anymore lol. Not only I dont have to deal with their bullshit, but at the same time, they offer easy kills, especially the ones that stay on their mounts whilst being attacked. I do feel sorry for those who aren't in premade teams/good teams and they get slaughtered over and over though...in the space of 2 weeks, i got over 600 kills off of them, currently sitting at 2167/5000 (only just under 2 months ago i picked up going as a dps i was healer for a year but got bored)

There's multiple pvp discord channels* on aether where people will round everyone who's available up, create a party in private pf and queue up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Venoshock; 04-13-2017 at 04:28 AM. Reason: said linkshels instead of discord channels

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Primal has them too. Last night I had to report two healer bots in the same match (different servers). Mind you, it's not just healers all the time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    We messed around in a premade on Chaos the other night and well, I can't link the video here because I'll get banned for naming and shaming, but it was pretty bad. We ended up just spawn camping because they'd just run into us over and over so it seemed pointless to hit the shatters. At one point we approached Adders base and there was 4 of them mounted together. We tagged one and they all simultaneously tried to run through us before dismounting and doing some weird rotation. Seriously lol, garo mounts don't even take that long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Ran right up to a bot MCH, bound him, and trigger my LB. . .

Then watched with abject horror as he deploys a Bishop Turret next to me and tries to mount up and run.

Like, seriously?!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ashua Rajin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    They should just go on and put in the option to report bots the same as reporting rmt. This is ridiculous when 50% of people in fates are bots, gatherers are bots destroying the already crippled market and bots that teleport around able to buy up houses within less then a second of them being back on the market. One of the top raid FC's on my friends server owns 20+ houses from bots constantly selling them for RMT/gil and savage runs. Its been reported on other unofficial fan based message boards about its leadership boasting of making a very nice living off RMT and these bots. There have been people botting for 3+ years and despite possibly hundreds of reports they never get touched. Unless you whisper spam rmt or teleport hack you are never touched. GG on punishing legit players which chances are only ps4 players are the only legit. I imagine every computer user bots.

I love ff to death but the one thing wow does has over it is how they punish bots harshly minus that addon that practically lets you make macros with auto hot key to somehow cheat without Blizzard really doing anything. And man frontlines are getting worse.. When you see 7 people out of your entire group pace back and forth dismounting and remounting in the same pattern you know the bot makers have finally put in scripts like wow has with bots in battlegrounds. Its not frontlines pvp its frontlines pvb now.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ashua; 04-13-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    The awesome healer bot they are talking about. If you start poking them they will try to cast protect sometimes. Easy kills specially since they don't seem to follow a group they have this sort of walk shuffle around mid.

The cool down for vote kick is to long. I never thought I would say that. But I had a group where all of us had at least kicked them once on the weekend. They are getting booted regularly and they have been reported.

The game doesn't seem to have any bot tracking software. Never heard of any antivirus problems and usually one antivirus will hate bot detection. They are playing enough for SE to allow. What is funny is this bot has another character from same FC with similar name that actually plays. So they probably using a second account if it gets banned the rewards are probably in FC chest anyways. Unlimited desynth and tomestone mats.

Also has anyone actually gotten in trouble for linking a youtube video with names in it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite View Post
    Also has anyone actually gotten in trouble for linking a youtube video with names in it?
    Yes, usually they get banned & the video is removed from the post so it ends up futile. All SE need to do is spend a few hours playing on a NA server, not even PVP, just wander around. They'll see gathering bots, speed hacking (I had a Lalafell move so fast past me they skipped frames - I was at 144fps!), teleporting, PVP bots & so much more.

Unfortunately it seems that the Japan centric nature of the game & development team gives them a false impression of the community as a whole. Heck, they only need to watch Twitch streaming to see most of the above cheats, plus they get the bonus of scripted encounters & seeing all the hacks used to cheat in PVP content.

We've experience it, so why haven't they? I'm assuming that they haven't otherwise they'd be banning them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raida Sameluck
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    On Chaos, i spotted 2 bots and reported them with some ppl. No answer recieved and i feel like SE totaly don't care about this. It's really annoying to see this, and more when you have 2 bots in your team.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast