Player
    Character
    Magnus Bane-koi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Mount battle companions!

So I had a random idea! You know how we can summon chocobos to battle alongside us. Why can't we do it with our other mounts? With each mount having their own unique class between tank, DPS, and Healer. Could help with extreme DF trials to help convince people to complete raids. IDK just an idea. What do you guys think bad or good idea?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kill3rkoi8082; 04-11-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Mount companions other than the company chocobo was apparently a planned idea for the game which sadly I think is safe to say has since been quietly dropped, presumably because of the difficulty in trying to get different mounts to balance in abilities and potency. Also lore wise not all the mounts are even sentient - some like the manacutter are simply vehicles, so it would be completely impossible not to mention ridiculous to have them attacking beside you!

Really though I'd rather SE bring back FFXIV 1.0's Path Companions in leiu of the chocobo companion, but alas I don't think that will ever happen either sadly.

Having said that, from what I understand that players will be able to use their Grand Company Squadrons as party companions in battle, including trials and dungeons, but I have no idea when that will be implemented (presumably sometime after Stormblood's launch).
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Magnus Bane-koi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Welp lol just a thought since I made my BLM look similar to Beaubaxton Academy from Harry Potter it would've been awesome having my pegasus mount fighting with me. but its just a dream... sadly but, I do agree they should bring back 1.0 idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Made up a thread on this not long ago. I think it would've been a good feature for beast tribe mounts, make the end reward for that content a bit more useful.
    Additionally, I say they could totally make retainers into companions, too. The game's already got the basic AI for NPCs as various classes, seems like it could translate well. They don't have to be particularly intelligent (the bird clearly isn't), but a little help would still be fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Magnus Bane-koi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Oops sorry did not realized there was a previous post on this lol. Your idea actually is a way better idea than mine. It make sense to have our retainers that we hired to fight alongside us.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Not really, the game itself even stated that retainers are "hardly adventurer material" (well, in 1.0 it was stated), which is why they're retainers in the first place, they're willing to do the crappy jobs adventurers would rather not (like running bazaars in the Market), and given how most retainers are kleptomaniacs stealing parts of houses, I wouldn't trust them in battle beside me at all!

SE has revealed they're planning to allow players to take their Grand Company Squadron into duties and dungeons like a party anyway (as I mentioned in my earlier post), so that will be the next best thing (and unlike retainers, the Grand Company Squadrons are actual adventurers, not some dogsbody who steals supplies from construction sites.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Pengi Engi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Maybe if we could glamour our chocos to look like the mounts, with their own animations but the same basic abilities etc that would be more easily doable. I'd love to glamour Choco to the minions actually. Have a tiny little aymeric fighting beside me would be sweet!
    (2)