Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    DoL needs some love?

...How about making the discipline fun for more than a mere cult following?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vulcwen Mhasi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    The problem is that there aren't many gathered items that have demand outside the crafting area. Currently, these kind of items are materia catalysts (at the start of a raid tier, when crafted gear is still relevant.. considering melding at the NPC doesn't require catalysts now) and treasure maps.. I'd like to see things like this:
    - Make melding at the NPC require catalysts
    - Add rare minions, mounts and glamour items that can be gathered directly.
    - Add 10% experience food (or drinks) that can be gathered directly, and have no use in further crafts. (that extra experience will create quite some demand for it overall).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by RhaegarFFXIFenrir View Post
    Anything we can gather is next to worthless. The crafts use very little gathered resources, and we have dozens of gatherers competing for that tiny market share. The result is prices so low it's not even worth going after the nodes.
    HW saw a huge increase in materials needed per craft and a huge reduction in availability. Remember Favors? The number of hoops you had to go through to get those materials meant very limited supply. We even had levelling materials on timed nodes, and timed nodes in HW are only up for 55 minutes (Eorzean) once or twice a day.
    The fact that a lot of changes were made later in the expansion to increase the supply of materials by providing alternative ways of getting them, tells me this didn't work out very well.
    Not all crafters are rolling in gil; Due to the high prices of crafting materials on the MB, I literally could not make my money back if I bought most of what I needed around level 50 - 54. In fact I dropped crafting completely at level 54, and if injury hadn't stopped me raiding I probably wouldn't have bothered with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RhaegarFFXIFenrir View Post
    As things stand now, there's no gil significant reward for gathering, and DoL get to just standby and watch DoH rake in all the profits. These initiatives would also have the side effect of discouraging DoH from gathering their own materials, as gathering enough for a single synth would represent several trips to an hourly node as opposed to 1.
    Any thoughts on this or how to improve on the idea?
    As I said above, we have just been there and it was a disaster. HW made gathering something you had to build your game play around instead of a pleasant diversion when you had a bit of down time. It's not a change I enjoyed particularly but it did make it possible to make large amounts of gil. You don't seem to have made as much as you would have liked, I'm rather surprised by that. I made most of my gil from gathering this expansion, not crafting.
    I'm not sure how large your server is, but on smaller servers like mine the limited supply meant things like Dravanian/Abalathan Mistletoe and later Camphorwood branches sold fast and for a high price. Seaborne Aethersand from fishing was extremely lucrative and the other sands sold high as well. The downside of this was crafters were few and crafted goods sold for an extremely high price as well.

If the number of materials needed per craft is increased again and the supply of materials is even more gated as you propose, it would probably leave both gathering and crafting as niche activities that very few people bother with. It will definitely encourage crafters to gather their own supplies if they can, and it will make the cost of crafted goods (including the HQ gathering tools and gear) absolutely astronomical.
    (4)
    Last edited by Solarra; 04-12-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Heir Scorp
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I just wanted to drop in and say that as a soon to be all-50 crafter and then working on gathering with the goal of having them 60 before expansion, I hope SE is able to do something. Some very good conversation on this thread.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp6 View Post
    I just wanted to drop in and say that as a soon to be all-50 crafter and then working on gathering with the goal of having them 60 before expansion, I hope SE is able to do something. Some very good conversation on this thread.
    Gathering from 50/51 to 60 is very very easy. Provided you have the gear for it (namely, Perception at the start) you are looking at getting 240k exp for miner, and for botanist, for 500 GP every 36 minutes. Toil, Discerning Eye, Methodical Appraisal, Methodical Appraisal, collect x4. As long as you have enough Perception that that nets you the bare minimum Collectability to hand it in.

Fishing is a little bit different, and is more of what you are used to (just, well, fishing stuff up; only focusing on the desired Collectibles rather than just anything at a hole).

Those won't take you too long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Advent Shadowsoul
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    as easy as gathering was from 50 to 60, it kind of was a pain the massive multiple amounts of duplicate gathering mats that were required to craft simple stuff...I think collectibles are fine for like forever for levelling, maybe focus back on the gathering real mats duting the process. Collectibles offered nothing to the market but jacked levelling up pretty well. But the items were usually useless outside of that
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Crafting + the other jobs all received some sort of love and gathering is almost as if they have given up.
    Hopefully also one of the new Beast Tribes in SB will be for gathering like so many players have wanted
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVSS View Post
    as easy as gathering was from 50 to 60, it kind of was a pain the massive multiple amounts of duplicate gathering mats that were required to craft simple stuff...I think collectibles are fine for like forever for levelling, maybe focus back on the gathering real mats duting the process. Collectibles offered nothing to the market but jacked levelling up pretty well. But the items were usually useless outside of that
    Outside of the occasional Folklore node item, and Clusters, I tend to keep a small stock (stack or two depending on usage) and just send my retainers out for more if I start to get low. So the lack of items gathered while leveling is a non-issue for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Advent Shadowsoul
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth_Trailfinder View Post
    Outside of the occasional Folklore node item, and Clusters, I tend to keep a small stock (stack or two depending on usage) and just send my retainers out for more if I start to get low. So the lack of items gathered while leveling is a non-issue for me.
    I mean i got it to 60 on miner but like was stated a couple posts above the timed nodes make it arduous to do during downtime as well, and yeah hahaha like you said, after i got my miner that high i retrained a retainer to miner to just gather the stuff for me
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Javid Conlak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I hope they do not do what this guy suggest. If I understand him clearly. The supply (once the patch really gets going) far exceed demand....
    That how economy works guy look around in any industry (with the exception that companies create "shortages" to influence pricing). If SE shrinks supply yes prices go up but also the gap between actual human effort supplied mats and what a 24/7 bot can gather will make us human almost irrelevant....example: crystal and shard market before heavensward............

And like many have already pointed out the favor system which offered the rarity and time sink you suggested was utterly rejected by the community (mind you I got really rich during those 2 patches bc I had a team of crafters and gatherers on my payroll).

However I like the guy that said beast tribe should add gathering quest.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast