Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    SMN in the single target scenario given, kinda works like this:

Aetherflow:
    Use aetherflow right before DWT.
    Use fester for aetherflow consumption. Space it out so that 1 stack is used during DWT and aetherflow can be refreshed before DWT.

DWT:
    Make sure you are using tri-disaster, contagion, fester, and deathflare. The rest is mostly ruin III filler.
    When a dot starts to fall off, refresh with tri-disaster, and be sure to extend it with contagion. Tri-disaster, contagion, and aetherflow are all on 1min CDs, which works out nicely.

Out of DWT:
    Keep up on your dots and pet dmg CDs. Lean on ruin II as filler for the most part. Consider ruin IIIs as you near the end of the fight, during mages ballad, during DPS checks, etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    Since the usage of ruin lll out of trance became a common thing Energy Drain nowadays is way more useful than it was used to be
    That much is true... Ruin III is so good and does so much damage... that was worth it to me to put a few Piety Materia in my Gear slots and use it outside of Trancing once I saw how much damage it did.

Now I can use Ruin III anytime I want without worrying about it.

That said... the flipped side is also true... about more usage of Lifesteal... but in reality I noticed a lot of healers tend to disregard healing other DPS in favor of Tanks so I end up using it a lot more for the healing since Physick at this level is so puny. But you know... more MP for more Ruin 3 spam is also good.

Another trick I use when I need to do fast burst damage and can't blow a quick Tri-Disaster + Fester.... is to use a Ruin 3 (2.5 sec cast) immediately followed by a Ruin 2 (Instant) cast... for a quick 280 potency burst. And they go off so quick its instant.

I don't even use Ruin 2 anymore at this point other than when I am constantly dodging Mechanics.

At this point my DoTs when stacked are already doing a good 1500 to 2000 damage underneath while I'm spaming Ruin 3 put the two togather and its a nasty combination.
    (1)
    Last edited by Silverquick; 04-21-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4