Player
    Character
    Panik Cinestar
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

A9S Widely Accepted Guide?

Alright, i'm beginning to lose my patience here. I main PLD, and unfortunately, a lot of my BiS gear is from Creator Savage. Most of the stuff I have to wear right now is loaded with Skill Speed which makes TP management disgusting. I finally decided to give A9S a go.

I watched a couple videos at first and thought I'd gotten enough knowledge of it to Duty Finder. I, of course, messed up and people complained to me and disbanded it. The reason being that the guides I watched weren't focused on Tanks, and didn't tell me when and where to move. My group's treatment of me afterwards made me terrified to go in again.

It's been a few weeks and I decided I have no choice but to try it again. This time, I looked up text guides. I found one that detailed every role and what they should be doing. It told me, as a tank, where to be during what mechanics. I grabbed a piece of paper and made a detailed guide/map of all the locations I should be at for mechanics, depending on if I'm OT or MT.

Unfortunately, when I got into a learning party, the exact locations weren't explained. Not only that, but this group had a different way of going about things. While they were patient and explained to me where I should be because of the way they do the fight, they disbanded after the 3rd wipe.

I wiped us the first time because the guide I saw told me that the bombs explosion radius was only on the platform they exploded on. I wiped us the third time because I was unable to make it to the alarum puddle in time, due to them placing it differently that my notes show.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is any guide (be it text or video) out there (that caters to tanks especially if possible) that details the fight in the way that the majority of people run it? I hate being afraid to queue up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Every group I've been with does it different.
    As long as you (read: everyone) knows where his front and behind is, you (everyone) shouldn't have an issue.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Tbh u just have to work with your fellow tank, if u know pretty much ur jobs with both mt and ot then all u have to do is know where faust will be when the 3rd scrapline is bout to happen, so no one of the party beside mt gets hit by that mega burst, if sum1 gets hit it is their problem aha (with approx ilvl 265+ and echo a melee can survive a scrapline, but better not get hit, wasted heals tbh)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tenebrosa Estiuette
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Regular pf way is face boss west, dodge faust south-ish and immediately go back west, then turn north during alarum, then go to the puddle for double scrapline or save hg for it, then north-east until ot and healer grab generators, then nw to dodge bombs, ne, puddle... basically face west or north.
    For ot, you usually do north generator and then south one, bring faust to the east until scrapline, then move him south (depending on dps kill sw or se platform), se being the safest. Do the generator, hide with mt or the group depending on how fast you are (bring adds to sw), double scrap, while in mini run north to grab a generator and bring it via west side to se, bring adds nw, double scrap... Then the phase repeats 1 or 2 times but even pf rarely gets thid now.
    (0)