Player
    Character
    Krolja Ajor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

Is it time to reevaluate Triple Triad drop rates?

I've been on a mission to collect as many TT cards I can before SB drops, and I've been endlessly frustrated with most NPCs. Namely, NPCs with very short windows and TERRIBLE rules (Chaos/Plus+Same, etc.) I'm on maybe my 7-8th window for a few of these NPCs and they just drop nothing most of the wins, and when they do it's very very rarely the card I'm seeking. The last two NPCs took around 100 wins each to get a single card of their rarest drop. Something so steeped in RNG just isn't fun.

Perhaps the devs could look into spree bonuses? So if you win/draw multiple times in a row you get a bonus to drop percents? It could definitely help with the frustration. I just needed some feedback from others to see if the drop chances are that bad or could it be my RNG is just awful?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Helfgrin Dreggit
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Oi. Hab and Gridanias Grand Company guy I've never had them drop their 5* card. But besides them? I've gotten almost every other card in the game.

My problem are dungeon drops for cards. It's a bit frustrating that a run can take 20-30+ minutes and not be able to get the cards you're trying to get. I feel the drop rates on dungeons need evaluation.

I have 152/182 of the triple triad cards atm. The only npc cards I'm missing are Hildie, the Seedseer and the besides aby dragon card
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I agree, dungeon drop rate is the worse, matches with npcs are quick and you get mgp for winning,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Suzuran Shiraishi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I don't believe that dungeon drops have low drop rates. Trial drop rates (Primals...) have very low drop rates sometimes, but I never had to repeat a dungeon many times to get a card. Except Aery/Praetorium, but they are 5* card drops, so it's "expected". As for NPCs... I don't mind the low drop rate. I don't mind the annoying rules. My one and only complaint is the time window on some of them. I'd rather beat Hab another 200 times for the Hildibrand & Nashu card (can be battled all the time) than stressing on whatever time window it is to battle against Swift (five hours per ingame day) even if I were to get the Raubahn card after 50 wins.

While I would agree with the drop rates being very harsh at times, I think it's the lesser of two issues - the short time windows being the bigger issue. That is my point of view.
    (0)
    Innocence doesn't mean an absence of wickedness, nor is it represented by the absence of anger or hatred. Innocence is when seeing others hurt also hurts you. When one becomes blind to the people suffering in the world, that is what it means to have lost one's innocence.

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    They vary but I get them almost all the time so it's a matter of RNG it seems.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rana Kim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I'd much rather them buff Dungeon drop rates over NPC rates. Or whynotboth.jpg
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helfgrin Dreggit
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Angeles View Post
    I'd much rather them buff Dungeon drop rates over NPC rates. Or whynotboth.jpg
    I agree. Dungeons are a large time sink with no guarentee of getting a card.

NPC matches are a minute long, have clear ways to win against, and can farm you mgp. Sure, it's not guaranteed either but I have every card drop of every npc in 2 weeks whereas months of running dungeons turns up empty handed
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Uberous Fallos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 53
    Having just started Triple Triad and trying to get the coveted 60 card mark, I wholeheartedly endorse upping these drop rates. Spending 2+ hours farming the same Chaos-Rule NPC is about as frustrating as anything can be.

Considering just shelving the whole minigame honestly.
    (0)