This time, it’s all about partying! Whether you prefer a small, cosy meet-up in your apartment in the Mist or a fancy cocktail party in the Lavender Beds, we want to see it!
Take a screenshot of what you think is the best way to host a party in your Eorzean estate or apartment for a chance to win some great in-game prizes!
FINAL FANTASY XIV (“Game”) House Party Screenshot Contest (“Contest”)
This Contest is being operated and promoted by:
Square Enix Limited registered in England and Wales with company number 01840186 (“Square Enix”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) with registered address at 240 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NW
The Contest is only open to holders of an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account (“Service Account”) during the Entry Period who are resident in a PAL Territory Country* (“Contestants”, “You”, “Your”). Contestants who are residents of France or Spain should refer to the Additional Specific Provisions under these Rules relevant to their country of residence.
* PAL Territory Country means any of the following countries; ÅLAND ISLANDS, ALBANIA, ALGERIA, ANDORRA, ANGOLA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BHUTAN, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BOTSWANA, BOUVET ISLAND, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM (nr. Sri Lanka), BULGARIA, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CHAD, CHRISTMAS ISLAND, COCOS (KEELING) ISLANDS, COMOROS, CONGO, CONGO, THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE, COOK ISLANDS, CROATIA, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DJIBOUTI, EGYPT, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ERITREA, ESTONIA, ETHIOPIA, FAROE ISLANDS, FIJI, FINLAND, FRANCE, FRENCH GUIANA, FRENCH POLYNESIA, FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES (South Indian Ocean), GABON, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GIBRALTAR, GREECE, GREENLAND, GUERNSEY, HOLY SEE (VATICAN CITY STATE), HUNGARY, ICELAND, INDIA, IRELAND, ISLE OF MAN, ISRAEL, ITALY, JERSEY, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KENYA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LATVIA, LESOTHO, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALDIVES (Sri Lanka), MALTA, MAURITANIA (West Africa), MAURITIUS, MAYOTTE, MONACO, MONGOLIA, MONTSERRAT, MOROCCO, MOZAMBIQUE, NAMIBIA, NEPAL, NETHERLANDS, NEW CALEDONIA (Australasia), NEW ZEALAND, NORFOLK ISLAND, NORWAY, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, QATAR, RÉUNION (S. Africa), ROMANIA, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SAINT HELENA, SAMOA, SAN MARINO, SAUDI ARABIA, SERBIA, SEYCHELLES, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWAZILAND, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAJIKISTAN, TANZANIA, UNITED REPUBLIC OF, TIMOR-LESTE, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUNISIA, TURKEY, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, VATICAN CITY STATE, YEMEN, ZAMBIA
PLEASE READ THESE RULES (“Rules”) CAREFULLY. By submitting an entry to the Contest you agree to accept and be bound by these Rules and the terms of any policies referred to in these Rules. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Contest at any stage if deemed necessary in our opinion and/or if circumstances arise which are outside of our control.
Take a screenshot of your in-game character attending a house party.
How to Enter
Take a screenshot of your in-game character participating in and/or hosting a house party and post it in the dedicated contest participation thread here. Only one entry per person. If multiple entries are posted, only the first one submitted will be accepted. Entries cannot be edited after submission.
Contestants must include the following details of the Character to whom they wish to allocate the prize:
- Character name;
- World name; and
- Choice of one (1) in-game Prize (as defined below).
Please note that if no character name or world name is submitted, the prize will be awarded and sent to the character visible on the Contestant’s forum handle. If no Prize is selected, we will select a prize from the list on your behalf.
Accepted Entry Format
- The screenshot must be taken by you.
- The screenshot must be taken inside a Free Company House, Private House or Apartment.
- Your in-game character must be visible in the screenshot.
- You may include a brief comment below your screenshot (up to a maximum of 50 words).
- You may only use image editing software to crop your screenshot.
5 April 2017 10:00 a.m. (GMT)/ 11:00 a.m. (BST) to 18 April 2017 10:00 a.m. (GMT) / 11:00 a.m. (BST)
Contestants must possess an active Service Account and have access to a working internet connection and web browser in order to be able to enter. Contestants are responsible for all connection charges associated with the internet connection and subscription fees associated with the registration for a Service Account. Contestants must ensure that their contact information is correct at the time of registration for a Service Account, during and after submission of their Entry.
The FFXIV EU Community Team will select twenty (20) of the best entries from the official Final Fantasy XIV forum languages (English/French/German) based on overall creativity and humour (“Winners”).
From these Winners, the FFXIV EU Community Team will rank and select three (3) entries for the following categories:
(the “Grand Winners”).
- Most Original Party
- Most Funny Party
- Most Classy Party
Winners will be announced on the forum on or after 27 April 2017. Once the Winners are announced, Prizes will be delivered to each Winner via the in-game Moogle delivery service (which may be subject to change at our discretion).
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- We will award Winners with one (1) of the below FINAL FANTASY XIV virtual prizes (“Prize(s)”)*:
- Bluebird Earrings
- Mandragora Choker
- Ahriman Choker
- Chocobo Noble Barding
- Scarf of Wondrous Wit
- Grand Winners will be awarded with all of the above Prizes.
*We reserve the right, at all times, to vary or modify the above list.
Each Prize is a virtual prize with no monetary value and cannot be sold or transferred to third parties. The Prize is only transferable to characters linked to the Contestant’s Service Account.
We reserve the right to re-distribute any Prizes that remain unclaimed. No alternative prize shall be provided in place of the Prize.
Entries containing obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter and/or containing any plagiarized or copyrighted material will not be considered by the judges. Entries which infringe upon copyright/intellectual property, personal credit, privacy, are counter to public order and/or morals, are judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme, do not contain all of the required information or contain erroneous information may face disqualification. Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display.
Additional Specific Provisions
Contestants resident in FRANCE:
In accordance with the 6th January 1978 data protection and freedom of information law n° 78-17, we inform you that you have the right to access, rectify and delete information concerning you, by requesting it in writing to the Promoter.
Contestants resident in SPAIN:
The name of the winner will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the Closing Date and by entering the Competition you hereby agree that the Promoter shall be permitted to do so if you are the winner. Requests should be made via the Square Enix Support Centre.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW SQUARE ENIX WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ENTRY THAT IS SUBMITTED TO THE CONTEST THAT INFRINGES THE COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF A THIRD PARTY. YOU WARRANT AND AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY WILL CONTAIN WORK THAT IS ENTIRELY ORIGINAL TO YOU AND DOES NOT INFRINGE OR INTERFERE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY COPYRIGHT OR OTHER RIGHTS AND YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY SQUARE ENIX AGAINST ANY LOSS ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF YOUR WARRANTY.
In the event that an entry violates a third-party’s copyright, the user’s Service Account may be suspended or cancelled. All entries and other materials (the "Entry Materials") (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any contestant. In consideration of our acceptance and review of your Entry Materials into the Contest, you hereby assign to Square Enix absolutely all right, title and interest for the full duration of copyright in and to the Entry Materials throughout the world. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Square Enix Europe will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Square Enix’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Square Enix to effect, perfect, or confirm Square Enix's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials may be used by contestants only for purposes of the Contest or for private, personal, non-public viewing. Entry materials received by Square Enix may be destroyed by Square Enix at any time following the Contest.
These Rules and all or any dispute arising from them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.