Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Honestly there's so much wrong with housing beyond just the limited supply that they need to just admit they were wrong and start over with instanced plots. Everyone gets one, and we all win with FAR greater item limits and customization abilities possible.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dugu Qiubai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    TBH, I think it should be limited to one house per ACCOUNT. People don't need to be playing on multiple worlds and owning a house (or houses) on EACH world.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by P4X0R10N View Post
    TBH, I think it should be limited to one house per ACCOUNT. People don't need to be playing on multiple worlds and owning a house (or houses) on EACH world.
    I agree with this as long as a player can have both a fc house and a personal house. I don't think being a fc master should prevent you from getting a house for yourself. Most fcs furnish their house for the fc's needs. Very often a team of people are in charge of furnishing the house, not just one person.

It would be really unfair if a fc master couldn't have a personal house because if multiple officers have permissions to edit the house (which is how it is 99% of the time) the officers would still be able to get a personal house while the fc master cannot. This issue would likely result in some fc masters not giving house editing permissions to anyone else.

Yes there is the issue with shell fcs but that's not going to go away. Players will always find ways to control multiple plots if they really want to. The best we can do is make it more difficult for them without hindering a normal player's experience with housing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Queen Diablo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 29
    This needs to happen! Something I would like to see but know won't happen is new wards that lock out accounts. Meaning that if you already own a house, you will not be allowed to purchase one on a new ward. You would think that would be difficult to code in but in reality, it would be no different than trying to access a quest/area that you do not meet the requirements for. That would at the very least make it a tad bit easier for players looking to own their first home.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I have played about 1 yr and have a lovely medium house all decorated. I spend time there and enjoy it and share with my husband who recently started playing also.

I have the usual job alts from the Bard but recently made a lone char to play when I want to see and enjoy all the old content again. While doing the housing tours, I was thinking of buying another house. Then I thought, no, let others have a shot at them that do not even have 1 and I just use my FC. If they would allow separate chars on the same acct/server to log to the house this would help stop people that have chars on the same server from buying yet another and help with the housing crunch.

I have experienced and enjoyed housing in other MMOs but this is the first that is poorly thought out and implemented. Bad housing is bad hehe. Start over and instance each at minimum then make it better along the way.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Omar Lowell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post

I have experienced and enjoyed housing in other MMOs but this is the first that is poorly thought out and implemented. Bad housing is bad hehe. Start over and instance each at minimum then make it better along the way.
    Yeah, I haven't seen another MMO with housing that's this bad. Even in LOTRO which has the same style of housing (Neighborhoods which you can freely walk around) doesn't have this problem since people are limited to one house per account and as soon as a neighborhood is filled a GM comes to open a new one.

But this form of housing is just bad. I see Wards that are owned by two or three people with the houses just downright empty. While I REALLY want a house in the new housing district I'm going to have to get really lucky.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dugu Qiubai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I don't like the idea of instanced housing. Kinda breaks the immersion. It's nice that a bunch of people can occupy the same space.

Make private housing 1 per account. Improve apartments. Maybe add a community garden area where apartment users can garden together?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xiao Ming
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    The idea of allowing all your chars on your account to use one house would be nice. Barring that change, players should still be able to buy housing on an alt if they are really into it.

As for housing, they should have an option to give up your house, receive the purchase price back. You don't lose your gil, that way if you plan on a long break or other such things. SE now has the plot and can set a random timer as to when the plot will go back up for sale so you can't sell it to one person. It gives everyone a shot at it. If a house is lost to the 45 day demolish timer, same applies and random timer for when it goes up for sale by SE. This prevents a player from selling a house to a person by just not entering the house for 45 days and knowing very close to when the buyer would have to be there to buy the plot.

This is not perfect by any means but it would create a more fair system and prevent players from selling to others. As it would only allow for housing to go back to SE and no one else.

As for high population servers. If housing is that big of an issue, transfer servers. Maybe SE could help out with free transfers to servers with “X” amount of open housing plots. With cross server PF and the other cross server chat plans SE has talked about this shouldn't be the big issue it use to be with losing touch with all your friends.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I don't like the idea of instanced housing. Kinda breaks the immersion.
    Oh yes, I feel no immersion upon entering these housing plots...

Nope, not immersed at all!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't really like the look of those screenshots. :x What is that, Wildstar?
    (2)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast