Player
    Character
    Aria Meliora
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas-04 View Post
    So is Samurai/Red Mage going to start outside of SB then? For HW classes the trainers were in Ishgard requiring you to access the city even though you had to go back to sub 50 zones to level.
    Yes

/10char
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Versatile Bottom
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas-04 View Post
    So is Samurai/Red Mage going to start outside of SB then? For HW classes the trainers were in Ishgard requiring you to access the city even though you had to go back to sub 50 zones to level.
    Yea you will be able to start them outside SB and they will be level 50(tentative). I think this is the biggest change and the one most people are happy with so now they can do story content on them now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atlyss Sol
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Sweet, switching to samurai (like a ton o peeps) so I can hold off moving the main story till I hit 60. Hopefully they don't lower the starting level... that wouldn't be fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    In their own purchase FAQ posted at the top of this forum (which is about 2 months or so old) it says:

Will I be able to head to Ala Mhigo once I buy the expansion?
    You must complete certain quests from the Patch 3.5 series before you can head to Ala Mhigo.
    I guess we could ask a rep for clarification.
    (1)

Hi, everyone~!

As many of you have mentioned, the completion of the Heavensward main scenario questline is required in order to access Stormblood areas and content.
    However, this time the NPCs to unlock the new jobs, red mage and samurai, will be located in non-Stormblood areas so that players can become these new jobs ahead of the journey into Stormblood.
    We reached out to the media that conducted this interview to get it updated for clarity.

Hopefully, that clears up any confusion!
    (42)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Velt Starcaller
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hi, everyone~!

As many of you have mentioned, the completion of the Heavensward main scenario questline is required in order to access Stormblood areas and content.
    However, this time the NPCs to unlock the new jobs, red mage and samurai, will be located in non-Stormblood areas so that players can become these new jobs ahead of the journey into Stormblood.
    We reached out to the media that conducted this interview to get it updated for clarity.

Thank you for the confirmation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Thank you~

Also thought it might be helpful to boost another one of your posts a little since I think it will also pertain to Stormblood and how things are accessed:

Greetings housing enthusiasts!

We've seen some questions pop up since Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt where the new residential housing district, Shirogane, was revealed. We'd like to take some time to answer those questions here.
    • Can anyone enter Shirogane if they enlist in a free company that has a house there?
      Yes, they can. Any free company member will be able to teleport to the free company house located in Shirogane, so don't forget to set up the miniature aetheryte in your yard! However, please note that players who do not meet the necessary conditions, such as those that haven't entered Shirogane on their own, or those who have not purchased Stormblood will not be able to exit the housing districts to reach the connected areas!
    • How would one reach Shirogane on their own?
      You will need to progress in the Stormblood main scenario.
    • How would one be able to purchase a plot or an apartment in Shirogane?
      You will need to progress in the Stormblood main scenario. However, as Yoshida mentioned during the keynote, we're planning to make the purchase of land and apartments in Shirogane available after some time has passed since Patch 4.0 release.

We hope you're all looking forward to the new housing area! I know I am~!
    Particularly for this thread, you can get to Shirogane (specifically) even if you don't have the expansion via the FC teleport; however, you may not purchase a lot without actually having done part of the storyline for 4.0. House: requiring a 4.0 ownership, 3.0 completion, and 4.0 progress (of unknown amount at this time) in order to own one in the new area.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grim Deathcreed
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Hi, everyone~!

I cannot wait to see where...nothing atm really points to any spot.
    (0)

Friend/recruitment code for special items and things (use before paying first sub) RACN78W5 (updated) info on items here http://sqex.to/Cz9 code is entered via the mogstation.

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Hi, everyone~!

That really sucks, I was hoping to see more optional streamlining of MSQ (i.e. patch story) before the consideration of Jump potions, but I guess having the jobs outside of the expansion area is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by UnstablePersonality View Post
    I cannot wait to see where...nothing atm really points to any spot.
    I'm wondering this too, considering Yugiri didn't appear until 2.2 and Gosetsu in 3.56, having a SAM trainer immediately at 2.0 MSQ completion would take some justification, as the two NPCs associated with Doma/Othard haven't been introduced yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 03-31-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast