Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Thank you for your kind words!

Ok, so this thread needs more pictures of male characters who like glamour. I was disappointed by the male wolf set (how come we have seams all over it and no cute long boots?) but it is situationally fun, and we're allowed ears! If S-E can freely acknowledge that male wolves have ears, can they follow up by allowing us to wear the bunny ears one day soon as well?

(Pretend you can't see that my gigantic Elezen ears are not even remotely hidden by the fluff...)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alistair Wildheart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 65
    I think you're Elezen looks nice in the wolf gear. Though I think SE thinks if they ignore the male bunny outfit we'll forget or the "problem" will go away.

This is my current Astrologian leveling glamour (it was cheap to buy and looks decent enough)

I have other characters but I'll post their pictures later
    (2)
    Last edited by AlyssaWildheart; 10-22-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    I just recently Fantasia'd and this event couldn't come at a better time in that sense. Now I wish I could use the bunny ears tho :<

(1)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I have a contribution, though it's more sad than beautiful.

So here's a festive "not a dress because we called it a robe" that was given out to everyone a few years back:

So why did I take a group shot? Well, look at the lovely lady to the left in the cute maxi dress. That was also a Halloween reward for a different year. In the interest of being equal, SE gave out a male version too, but...

They left out something important. I remember that as the first time I really felt like a second-class player. If we can wear the long "totally not dresses" gear, and that's what 90% of caster gear looks like anyway, can we please get some equality going on in here? It didn't used to be this way.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Oh lord that event set. Yes, I remember that event set. They could've made the top one of those things that block glamour to the pants area, thus making it usable out of the box for guys while giving ladies the same look just with less ability for the ladies - which is why, I suspect, they didn't do that. #Priorities.
    Kinda makes me wish they had done then what they did this year where they gave you gendered items likely with the possibility to switch or buy the other gender's variation through the Calamity salvager, because then they could do whatever they wanted with the guys' getup.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I was honestly kinda disappointed in the werewolf stuff lol. I was really excited about getting cute paw feetsies, but then in true SQEX style they’re too scared to let male glamour be cute lately so they gotta attach the paws to these ugly ugg boot things instead of giving us cute thighboots that females get so if I wanted to use it as a glamour I had to cover it up with a long skirt to not look completely ridiculous

let males have female version of glamours stop making everything ugly for us /mildsalt
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yu Zeneolsia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Korihu View Post
    I was honestly kinda disappointed in the werewolf stuff lol. I was really excited about getting cute paw feetsies, but then in true SQEX style they’re too scared to let male glamour be cute lately so they gotta attach the paws to these ugly ugg boot things instead of giving us cute thighboots that females get so if I wanted to use it as a glamour I had to cover it up with a long skirt to not look completely ridiculous

let males have female version of glamours stop making everything ugly for us /mildsalt
    I remember reading in one of the interviews that the developers dont feel very comfortable with giving (and creating) feminie or sexy outfits for male avatars. If I am correct this is also the reason why they decided to let the female staff create the male bunny outfit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laerune; 10-22-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    That Halloween set really upset me at the time too. I went around doing the event quests wearing it and no pants in a passive aggressive way. A veteran Japanese player from my server sent me a /tell politely offering to make me some trousers

Cute brand new one-piece dress versus a reskinned coatee and no pants. Like the old Valentione's event where girls got a cute new dress and striped stockings (which I covet) while we got... reskinned AF (!) gear. It doesn't feel very special. I've mentioned it before but there's even a blatant gender bias in the descriptions in the cash shop, e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by Serilda View Post
    "While guys are only sporting a standard pair of spiderweb stockings, the ladies can also enjoy a stylish short skirt."
    Things weren't like this when I signed up. The complete lack of self awareness S-E has developed when it comes to treating half of the playerbase as inferior started at a very specific point in time, and I would dearly like them to address it soon. They can do it right. The male idol costume was great - it should have been an alternate look for the same items instead of a separate set but aesthetically it was just as nice and detailed as the female version. Why don't we have more of that kind of treatment? And if the new male werewolf boots are so worthwhile (they aren't) then how about letting both genders use both boot skins so we can choose which ones we like? The male ones have a weird gap showing skin so the female versions would actually fit our pants better.

No relevant picture to use so here is my Elezen in a bathtub.

(6)

Player
    Character
    Aru Rako
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Yes please! While unlocking more female stuff on male characters, can I get some decent short pants please? I'm tired of skirts and long pants, I want something playful and for that I have about two options - and none of them are really what I'm looking for.

Swimming with a belt because all other options are skirts or panty-lenght D:
    (2)
    dank meme

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiria View Post
    Yes please! While unlocking more female stuff on male characters, can I get some decent short pants please? I'm tired of skirts and long pants, I want something playful and for that I have about two options - and none of them are really what I'm looking for.
    Yes! We have to choose between overly-skimpy brief-style pants or something far longer, with hardly any middle ground. Neither look suits my gangly character, in my opinion; not one of the Shisui pants looked right. Weirdly we probably have more choice for skirts than shorts.

Now that we have swimming we need more variety (or some of the great female-only pants could be repurposed as unisex designs; I would actually kill for the GARO hotpants or something similar).
    (4)

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast