Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazuki_Aura View Post
    it's pretty easy to hit from both flank and back.
    • Flank does not mean standing 90/270 degrees to the side of the target. Anywhere from 46 degrees to 134 degrees/226 to 314 degrees is Flank.
    • Back does not just mean standing 180 degrees behind a target. Anywhere from 136 degrees to 224 degrees is Back.

So all you do is stand at almost exactly 135 degrees. You move clockwise slightly to execute rear positionals, and anticlockwise slightly to execute flank positionals. On average it should take no more than 0.2s to change your positional regardless of a target's size, .
    I kinda wish hit boxes had little markers around them to make that easier.. like a little line or something at 45, 135, 225 225 and 315 degrees. would make positionals easier i think. doesn't have to be huge or anything. maybe even a little indicators like this.

excuse lame 30 second diagram in ms paint lol..

be much easier to hover just left or right of that line for example to hit your positionals..

might actually put this suggestion in the ui forum
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzian; 04-24-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I saw your suggestion and this is my answer to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    But the hitboxes have this divider for rear/flank, it is where the circle transfers from double to single lined...that is the divider for rear/flank...single lined = rear; double lined = flank...This is the point every melee with positionals should circle around.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mikazuki Aura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    I kinda wish hit boxes had little markers around them to make that easier.. like a little line or something at 45, 135, 225 225 and 315 degrees. would make positionals easier i think. doesn't have to be huge or anything. maybe even a little indicators like this.

excuse lame 30 second diagram in ms paint lol..

be much easier to hover just left or right of that line for example to hit your positionals..

might actually put this suggestion in the ui forum
    Someone already did an image to train people regarding this. This also includes the guide as to when to move back in after an AoE attack is actually cast, so as to reduce the time wasted waiting outside attack range.

This was originally meant for tanks, but parts of it are arguably more important for monks to know.

Anywhere where the lit ring does not show up is rear, anywhere it shows up is flank.

(2)
    Last edited by Mikazuki_Aura; 04-24-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    oh hey that's awesome. even if I do look like a dork least I've learnt something... looks so easy to see in that diagram. dunno why I never did...

i'd swear it doesn't always do that though. sometimes I see 2 lines at the back but actually watching it in a fight its like a spinning effect... and some times with all the ground aoes on the floor cant always see if its one line or 2.

but still break points would be nice... there's been times on ninja for example where i'm forced to be in front of mobs and often wonder if I could push an armour crush from like 46 degrees instead of dancing edge..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikazuki Aura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Well yeah. There's no easy mark for the front 45 degree cases. For small mobs I guess you could draw a mental line through the centre to the rear 45, but for large mobs you would certainly be forced to overcompensate in movement to avoid missing out on a positional bonus. Adding those marks would have little or no drawback to others, so it'd be a good suggestion.
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9